Nominations will be accepted for the 2014 Vliet Street Business Awards through January 3, 2014.
Awards will be offered in five categories, including:
• Emerging Business: This award highlights the growing number of new businesses moving to Vliet Street. Businesses that have moved to the district in the last three years are eligible for nomination.
• Community Hero: The Vliet Street business district continues to grow because of generous individuals who give their time and energy to making a difference. This award goes to a business or property owner who has donated significant time in making the neighborhood a better place to live, work and play.
• Property Investment: A healthy business district thrives with new investment. Hundreds of thousands of dollars have gone into improving Vliet Street over the past few years. This award highlights a property or business owner who has invested significantly in their façade or building upgrades over the past two years.
• Storyteller Award: We all thrive when we successfully tell our story and spread the word about our businesses. This award highlights a business owner who has marketed their business in an innovative way.
• Business of the Year: This award highlights a business that has had a successful year and has proven to be an anchor in the neighborhood.
Any business within the West Vliet Street business district, which runs along Vliet Street from 43rd to 62nd Streets, is eligible to be nominated. Self-nominations are acceptable. All nominations must be made online at http://westvliet.com/2014-awards by the January 3 deadline. A comprehensive list of businesses on West Vliet Street is available at http://westvliet.com.
A panel of judges composed of business owners and local officials will determine the award winners based on the substance of the nominations. Winners will be announced in early 2014.
Vliet Street Business Association is a non-profit civic organization dedicated to a Vliet Street renaissance. Learn more about Vliet Street Business Association at WestVliet.com. Follow Vliet Street Business Association on Facebook (WestVlietStreet) and Twitter (VlietStreetMKE).Did you like this story? Subscribe to NNS today.