Position title: Social Media Outreach Planning Assistant
Office location: Milwaukee County UW-Extension Office, 9501 W. Watertown Plank Rd. Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Geographic area served: Milwaukee County
Type of appointment:
This position is for a college enrolled student for a limited term appointment of 6 months. Students with marketing and social media development skills are encouraged to apply. Application deadline is April 27, 2015.
This position offers up to 16 hours per week for 16 weeks, beginning June 1, 2015 and ending November 30, 2015.
Purpose and primary focus of position:
An Ad hoc committee of office colleagues and two volunteer computer technicians will create and monitor a Social Media Outreach plan. With the implementation of this plan, awareness of Extension resources will expand new to audiences, and we will strengthen our interactions with new and current users of our resources. The Assistant will be responsible for supporting the implementation of this outreach plan for the Milwaukee County Cooperative Extension (MCCE). To ensure the sustainability of these social media outreach efforts by MCCE, the Assistant will focus on technology education and training. This will involve developing a needs assessment survey, promoting peer learning within our office, and connecting staff with existing training opportunities.
Primary duties/Essential job functions:
- Work with an office-wide ad hoc social media team (representatives from all program areas, administration and support staff, area computer technicians) to create a pre-test social media knowledge survey
- Coordinate a needs assessment with staff members related to current competencies in social media, web site management, and communications with key stakeholders such as the County Board of Supervisors who serve as the overseeing body of the MCCE.
- Collaborate with the MCCE Social Media Team to develop a social media, website, and communications plan.
- Assist the MCCE Social Media Team with goal setting and developing parameters for social media activities.
- Coordinate individual or group social media use training sessions as determined by a needs assessment.
- Share on-line resources with colleagues who request assistance to improve their competency with social media, web use, and communications.
- Monitor staff use of social media and assist where needed to assure sustainability of the social media outreach initiative.
- Coordinate a social media knowledge/skill level post-test
- Within last two weeks of employment, work with the ad hoc social media team to document pre- and post-survey results and any qualitative feedback from office colleagues.
This position requires frequent contact with Extension staff and is located at the Milwaukee County UW-Extension Office.
This position will report to Sharon Morrisey, Consumer Horticulture agent and chair of the ad hoc social media outreach team.
Knowledge, skills and abilities desired:
- Previous coaching or mentoring in the use of various social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, Constant Contact or Mail Chimp, etc.), this can include an informal approach or in a non-paid capacity
- Familiarity or experience with WordPress
- Knowledge of technology trends and new developments in social media
- Experience with hosting and/or coordinating webinars, other online trainings, and promotion of peer learning
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Position description clarification:
This position description represents a general outline of job duties, expectations, and responsibilities, which may be adjusted at the time of hire. It is not intended to be comprehensive in nature.
Aticipated salary range: $14/hour
Sharon MorriseyDid you like this story? Subscribe to NNS today.