Journey House Theatre needs your help with costumes and props! We are putting on a production of Wizard of Oz on June 5th and 6th at 6:00pm in the Journey House Auditorium.
We are in need of the below list of props and costume pieces. If you can help out in any way it would be so greatly appreciated. We are accepting items now until May 29th.
Props for Wizard of Oz:
- Silk flowers (any colors)
- 2 – Witches hats
- Oil can (with spout)
- Large bell or gong
- 6 – Cauldron or large pot
- Ball and chain
Costumes for Wizard of Oz (no designs on clothing please):
- Munchkins (blue) dresses, coats, sweaters, pants (not jeans). The bigger the better.
- Farmers – Plaid/flannel shirts, overalls, straw hat
- Crows – all black, t-shirts, thermal, and pants
- Flowers (red): Anything red and fairy-like, blouses, skirts, leotards
- Ladies/Gentlemen of the Court (Green)
- Dress up clothes, button up shirts, blouses, slacks, dresses/skirts, tights, shoes, hats, blazers, jackets
- Winkies (yellow) t-shirts, button up shirts, blouses, slacks, skirts
Anyone with sewing/costume skills willing to take on the following costumes, we can talk details! We need:
- Dorothy – Blue/white checkered dress (2)
- Lion – the mane head piece
- Trees – brown tunics
- Fairies – red/pink skirts or tutus
- Kalidahs – bear body, tiger head, long claws
- Wicked Witch – Black dress or robe
Thank you for your help and support!