Stellar Collegiate is a brand new school that seeks to create outstanding outcomes for students, while simultaneously being the best place to work in our city! Stellar Collegiate was recommended for approval by the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee in September of 2015 and will open on the Southside of Milwaukee on August 29, 2016 to 140 students in K4 and K5, growing one grade level a year until we reach 5th grade in the 2021-22 school year.
The Office and Outreach Manager (OOM) is an integral member of the founding leadership team of Stellar Collegiate. Prior to school opening, the OOM will lead student recruitment efforts by managing community partner relationships, leading recruitment events, and managing the team of volunteers engaged in enrollment work. The OOM will be the first face of Stellar Collegiate for many families. As we move closer to the first day of school, the OOM will be responsible for creating and maintaining accurate student records, communicating with families, providing first aid support to students as necessary, and ensuring that the administrative functions of the school run smoothly. The OOM will have ongoing responsibility for maintaining 100% enrollment and keeping community partnerships strong to support our families beyond the school day.
- Maintain partnerships with community organizations that will benefit students and families
- Create and execute a calendar of student recruitment events that leads to 100% enrollment
- Manage all aspects of the school’s front office including upkeep of student files, polite and efficient family communication, and coordination of student enrollment
- Help to coordinate monthly parent workshops
- Provide first aid to students as necessary
- Work closely with the Manager of Operations to complete other tasks and projects as assigned
- Ensure that Stellar Collegiate operates smoothly, safely, and efficiently
Reasons you’ll love working at Stellar:
- Impact: You get to work with an incredible staff and group of families to build a new school for the community.
- Support: You will work closely with the Manager of Operations and School Director to continue your own professional growth, and be provided with ongoing feedback and opportunities to develop new skills.
- Collaboration: You will be a part of a dynamic team that makes time to connect daily, and weekly to learn from each other and celebrate.
- Success: You will be a part of a school designed around student and staff success – from outstanding student achievement to staff retention and satisfaction, we aim to succeed!
- Connection: You will serve as a critical link between Stellar Collegiate and our outstanding community partners, providing families with support to utilize services as necessary and ensuring our school is a positive and dynamic part of our community.
Reasons we’ll love you:
- Relationship-Oriented: You are the type of person who remembers names, birthdays, and important facts about people you meet. You can utilize this skills to build a strong and connected parent community for Stellar Collegiate.
- Extreme Attention to Detail: You notice if something is crooked on the wall, and it bugs you. You are obsessive about starting and ending on time. You triple check your writing before hitting send on an email.
- Collaborative: You like seeking the advice of your peers, and learning new ways to solve old problems. The idea of serving in a role that supports a team as a whole excites you.
- Systems-Thinker: You enjoy spending time thinking about how to make things work better, and can implement your solutions to improve efficiency quickly.
Outreach and Office Manager Qualifications:
- Strong commitment to, belief in, and alignment with mission and vision of school.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Ability to stay organized and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment that requires moving quickly from task to task.
- Established relationships with community based Southside Organizations is a plus.
- Managerial experience preferred but not required.
- Strong PC-based computer skills, and ability to quickly adapt to new computer programs and software.
- School based experience is preferred, but not a requirement.
- Bilingual and bi-literate in Spanish and English is a requirement.
- Stellar Collegiate offers a competitive salary and comprehensive health benefits.
- While there is some flexibility, we aim to have our Outreach and Office Manager begin on or before December 1, 2015.
Commitment to Diversity
Stellar Collegiate is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced team. As an equal opportunity employer, Stellar Collegiate hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch shortly.