United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County envisions a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability and healthy lives. United Way advances the common good by recruiting people and organizations who bring the passion, expertise and resources needed to get things done. United Way’s global mission is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities to advance the common good. We invite you to be a part of the change – to Live United.
United Way is a recognized national brand and is the largest funder of health and human services outside of the federal government. Funds raised through UWGMWC remain local and are invested in nearly 220-plus programs at over 110 local nonprofit program partners.
This http://leesrosen.com/blog/ will help execute the United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County (UWGMWC) marketing strategy by creating content for our communication channels, strengthening interdepartmental communications throughout the organization, and providing administrative support for Marketing & Communications (M&C) Division.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
MARKETING SPECIALIST — 40%
- Write and/or edit marketing and communications advertising materials, including for website, printed materials, business letters, correspondence and community impact collateral.
- Assist in creation of content for United Way communication channels, creating content for advertising, social media, newsletter and website.
- Assist in coordination of advertising strategy and implementation, working with vendors to secure dates and manage budget.
- Strategize and measure marketing efforts to increase donations to Community Fund.
- Assist with sponsorship proposals, assist with implementation of sponsorship sales training, and manage distribution of recognition/partnership materials.
- Assist with edits in Photoshop and InDesign files
COMMUNICATIONS — 40%
- Act as M&C Liaison to Volunteer Engagement, Community Impact, and Resource Development divisions in order to synchronize marketing strategy and tactics with United Way activities and promotion (including Campus Engagement, Diversity, Millennial, Young Professional, Boomer, and Retiree affinity groups).
- Review and assist in drafting communications between United Way departments and to external stakeholders.
- Work with Resource Development team to develop script and presentation for quarterly Campaign Cabinet meetings.
ADMINISTRATIVE ACTIVITIES — 20%
- Coordinate administrative activities for Marketing & Communications Vice President and provide back-up support for M&C team members as needed including organizing, planning, scheduling, correspondence, and follow-through.
- Schedule and coordinate all aspects of meeting planning for the M&C team and M&C Volunteer Committee including but not limited to: room scheduling and set up; preparing for meetings with agendas, literature, hand-outs, PowerPoint presentation; taking and transcribing minutes; sending out meeting notices and agenda; communicating with members of meeting.
- Track in-kind sponsorships and advertising, producing sponsorship reports highlighting the visibility and reach of the investment.
- Compose and handle routine correspondence, weekly division updates, including document preparation, recordkeeping, invoices, Purchase Orders, and filing.
- Archive materials for reference year-over-year.
- Effectively use Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook for efficient administration of division.
- Measure and maintain M&C dashboard including tactics, metrics, and outcomes.
- Act as switchboard back-up one day per week and at other times as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Requires an Associate’s degree in marketing and/or communications and 1-2 years of directly related experience or equivalent combination. Demonstrated success in various forms of written communication such as narrative, print, broadcast, advertising and marketing. Demonstrated success in customer service excellence, project management, problem solving, and working with and motivating a diverse constituency.
OTHER SKILLS Creative and results-oriented self-starter. Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication. Ability to understand, embrace and effectively articulate United Way strategic focus and priorities, brand, and community impact. Ability to develop communication and marketing strategies that enhance United Way competitiveness in the charitable giving market and align with M&C division and overall United Way goals. Proven ability to work well in a deadline driven and fast-paced environment, balancing strategic concerns with day-to-day activities. Ability to work well independently and in teams with staff and volunteers. Demonstrated skills in leading teams, preparing and managing project budgets, designing work plans, managing for results, and supervising outside vendors. Ability to customize national marketing concepts and materials to local needs. Ability to apply word processing and database management software concepts to practical situations.
For further job criteria and complete details, click on: https://www.milwaukeejobs.com/j/21824790. If you meet or exceed job requirements, please apply directly at this web address today. Please indicate salary requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer