The Milwaukee Awards for Neighborhood Development Innovation (known as the MANDIs) recognize individuals, organizations and projects that enrich Milwaukee neighborhoods. Nominations for 19th annual MANDIs will be accepted through October 20, 2017, at www.mandiawards.org.
Organized by the Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) and sponsored by US Bank, the awards pay tribute to the people and organizations working tirelessly to make Milwaukee a great place to live, learn, work and grow. Individuals, organizations and projects in the city of Milwaukee are eligible to apply.
Nominations will be accepted in a variety of categories to recognize individuals, projects and organizations.
The new J.P. Morgan Chase Economic Development Award, will recognize outstanding projects that drive economic growth at the neighborhood level.
Additional categories include:
- BMO Harris Bank Cornerstone Award: Recognizes an organization for tenacious commitment and effectiveness
- Northern Trust Navigator Award: Recognizes an individual for outstanding leadership and collaboration
- PNC Trail Blazer Award: Recognizes an innovative approach to a community problem(s)
- State Farm Building Blocks Award: Recognizes a real estate project that enhances the community
- Brewers Community Foundation Public Space Award: Recognizes a public space that enlivens a neighborhood
All of the finalists will be eligible for the Wells Fargo People’s Choice Award. The Wells Fargo People’s Choice Award is an interactive category that allows the public to vote online for their favorite finalists.
MANDI is hosted by LISC Milwaukee (Local Initiative Support Corporation). Winners are selected by an independent committee, and announced at a gala on Thursday, March 15, 2018. MANDI winners receive public recognition and $1,000.
Visit www.lisc.org/milwaukee for detailed category descriptions and complete nomination instructions. Entries must be submitted by October 20th, 2017.Did you like this story? Subscribe to NNS today.