It’s the seasons of ghouls and goblins, and this year trick-or-treating in Milwaukee will be on Sunday, Oct. 30, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Haunted Wisconsin offers the following tips to help you prepare your children for a safe and fun Halloween outing:
- Never trick-or-treat alone. Go with at least two friends.
- Plan a route and make sure family members know what it is.
- Stay on the sidewalk. If there is not a sidewalk, walk single file on the left side of the road facing traffic.
- Obey traffic signals and only cross at corners.
- Visit houses that have lights on, especially houses with Halloween decorations.
- Accept treats only in the doorway; do not enter the house or apartment.
- Bring all candy home so an adult can check it for tampering.
- Take a cell phone if you are not going to be with an adult.