The Milwaukee Area Workforce Investment Board (MAWIB) is now accepting applications for the Earn & Learn Summer Youth Jobs program. Young people throughout Milwaukee County interested in a summer job are encouraged to apply, 14- to 21-year-olds are eligible, but due to limited funding, priority will be given to 16- to 21-year-olds. The goal of the program is to help young people enter the world of work, build their resume and be introduced to a potential career.
“As a result of Earn & Learn, I’ve achieved many accomplishments. I learned that hard work pays off,” says Alexandria Millet, Earn & Learn youth worker.
DEADLINE EXTENDED: The deadline to apply for the Earn & Learn program is Friday, May 9th at 4 p.m. Youth are encouraged to apply early. If you have questions, call the Earn & Learn program at (414) 270- 7550.
To apply, download the application from www.milwaukeewib.org or pick one up in person at MAWIB, 2342 N. 27th Street. A completed application includes submitting the following required documents:
- Earn & Learn Application Packet
- Proof of Date of Birth (copy)
- Social Security Card (copy of front and back)
- Proof of Income (i.e. pay stub, SSI, TANF, Food Stamps, most recent tax return, etc.)
- Proof of Address (i.e. State ID, mail, report card, etc.)
Return your application and materials to:
Milwaukee Area Workforce Investment Board
2342 N. 27th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53210
Between the hours of 8:30AM – 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday)
Between the hours of 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM (Saturday)
No faxed applications will be accepted.
If an applicant is a male, 18 years of age or older, he must be registered with Selective Service. If he is not registered and is chosen to participate in the program, then he will be required to register on-line at www.sss.gov.
- Earn & Learn Summer 2016 jobs: Apply now - March 22, 2016
- Information sessions to recruit workers for 600 job openings at forthcoming Meijer stores - April 13, 2015
- AT&T donates $30,000 to Jobs for America’s graduates - May 11, 2014