The Milwaukee Awards for Neighborhood Development Innovation (known as the MANDIs) recognize individuals, organizations and projects that enrich central city neighborhoods. Nominations for 16th Annual MANDIs will be accepted through October 27, 2014. The awards pay tribute to the people and organizations working tirelessly to make Milwaukee a great place to live, learn, work and grow. Individuals, organizations, corporations and projects in the city of Milwaukee are eligible to apply.
Nominations will be accepted at www.lisc.org/milwaukee in the following categories:
- BMO Harris Bank Cornerstone Award: Recognizes an organization for tenacious commitment and effectiveness
- Northern Trust Navigator Award: Recognizes an individual for outstanding leadership and collaboration
- PNC Trail Blazer Award: Recognizes an innovative approach to a community problem(s)
- State Farm Building Blocks Award: Recognizes a real estate project that enhances the community
- Brewers Community Foundation Public Space Award: Recognizes a public space that enlivens a neighborhood
MANDI is hosted by LISC Milwaukee (Local Initiative Support Corporation). Winners are selected by an independent committee, and will be announced at a gala on Wednesday, April 15, 2015. Finalists will be announced at a live event on Wednesday, December 10th, 2014.
Visit www.lisc.org/milwaukee for detailed category descriptions and complete nomination instructions. Entries must be submitted by Monday, October 27, 2014.
2015 MANDI winners included: Just One More Ministry, Martin Luther King Economic Development Corporation, Howard Snyder of Northside Community Development Corporation, Three Bridges Park, Westlawn Gardens, and Northwestern Mutual.
- Now accepting nominations for the Milwaukee Awards for Neighborhood Development Innovation (MANDI) - September 3, 2014
- Nominate an outstanding project or person for the MANDI Awards - September 12, 2013
- Photos of MANDI Award finalists - December 10, 2012