For a century, the Greater Milwaukee Foundation has helped individuals, families and organizations realize their philanthropic goals and make a difference in the community, during their lifetimes and for future generations.
Through the generosity of our donors, the Foundation seeks to improve the quality of life in greater Milwaukee by strengthening education, increasing economic opportunities and building strong neighborhoods, all while promoting racial equity and inclusion. By forging partnerships, inspiring philanthropy and transforming challenge into opportunity, the Greater Milwaukee Foundation is an engine for positive change.
You can help us make a difference! The Civic Engagement Program Associate supports and coordinates public policy, advocacy, community convening and civic engagement efforts.
- Research/analyze information and present findings to assist in identifying public policy issues and community priorities.
- Conduct surveys, research and record data to identify potential strategies related to foundation grantmaking opportunities.
- Plan and run events centered on public policy and community issues.
- Conduct focus groups and listening sessions with community partners.
- Represent the Foundation at community meetings/events.
- Prepare and present briefings for donors.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree a plus.
- Minimum five years related experience in a nonprofit community organization or in publicpolicy/public sector. Nonprofit advocacy experience highly desired.
- Knowledge of and passion for the local community, as well as a genuine understanding andenthusiasm for the power of philanthropy and the impact of public policy.
- Understanding of the application of research and analysis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Strong planning, organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Knowledge of social research and financial management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Advanced proficiency in PowerPoint and Prezi.We offer an excellent benefit package, including health, dental, long-term care and life insurance, paid time off (PTO) and a 403(b) plan.
Please share your resume and cover letter with us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Post from Community: Greater Milwaukee Foundation secures $1 million grant from Robert Wood Johnson Foundation for collective impact response to COVID-19 - May 4, 2020
- Post from Community: Meet 9 recipients of MKE Responds grants - April 7, 2020
- Post from Community: Greater Milwaukee Foundation announces 2019 Ideas to Action winners - January 14, 2020