Wednesday, July 1, 2015
Bader Philanthropies, Inc. seeks a full-time Communications Coordinator who will coordinate implementation of the Foundation’s communications strategies, public relations, and organizational messaging, with an aim of informing and engaging diverse constituent groups.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic internal and external communications including: grantee correspondence, proposals, e-newsletters, talking points, stewardship reports, event information and invitation pieces, and collateral materials;
- Coordinates with communications team the overall strategic communications and messaging of the Foundation, including direction of internal/external public relations, photo opportunities, press releases, and design of special video, slide, computer presentations for Foundation briefings and events;
- Coordinates the Foundation’s digital social media strategy, publishing web and social media content that clearly articulates the Foundation’s strategic framework, overarching goals and funding strategies, elevates issues of importance to the Foundation, highlights grantees and their work, sharing what we learn with relevant audiences;
- Develops strategies for the Foundation to monitor and constructively engage in relevant online conversations, and advise and support program staff on use of digital media tools;
- Explores and pursues opportunities to engage with colleagues at peer foundations to learn and share effective digital communications strategies;
- Provides content and coordinate with System Administrator on website development and administration;
- Works with communications team and consultants to identify media opportunities for key programs and partners;
- Coordinates communications for staff members to prepare proposals, workshops, trainings, guest speaker engagements, and other events to ensure that all communications are accurate and consistent;
- Creates, maintains, and coordinates organization-wide communications calendar.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, digital media, or relevant field of study, with minimum of five years related experience, nonprofit or public sector preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to translate complex concepts into language easily comprehensible to diverse audiences.
- Excellent project management skills with strong attention to detail, and demonstrated ability to prioritize among competing goals to execute on tight deadlines, working both independently as well as effectively in a highly collaborative, team environment.
- Strategic and creative thinking, with the confidence to introduce new perspectives and approaches to challenges and assigned projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a wide variety of people both internally and externally.
- Articulate, polished, and professional demeanor with strong work ethic, initiative, and confidence.
- Familiarity with Windows and Mac operating systems, HTML, Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, as well as online email and website platforms.
- Experience working in communications, with various digital media, web design, publishing and customer relationship management tools; experience with public policy advocacy and related research is an added “plus.”
Application (Apply by July 1):
- Cover Letter: In stating why you are a strong candidate, please describe in 50 words or less what a private foundation is and does.
- Résumé: Please list your complete educational and professional data and community service activities.
- Writing Sample: Qualified candidates will demonstrate capacity by providing work samples, including press releases, proposals, presentations, etc.
- Two letters of reference: Each letter should address your interest and experience in communications and ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Please email all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 1, 2015.
Program Associate Internship: Apply by June 30
Tuesday, June 30, 2015
Bader Philanthropies, Inc. seeks a graduate-level Program Associate Intern who will assist with Foundation’s grant processing and program area activities. This is a part-time, paid position (a one-year commitment is requested).
Grants Programs, Research, and Related Events Activities:
- Assists Program Staff in reviewing applicant requests, including financial position;
- Assists in the research of other program initiatives and specific grants per request;
- Provides telephone support in regards to inquiries from applicants and grantees;
- Interfaces with partner initiatives – reviews, routes, and/or responds to incoming mail, emails, and voice messages; reviews and compiles data from incoming applications and reports for committee review;
- Attends meetings in support of Program Staff and provides notes;
- Collaborates with Program Staff to bring projects to fruition;
- Arranges and supports Foundation and community events related to Foundation’s grant programs;
- Organizes an annual Program Staff retreat with guidance from the VP-Programs and Partnerships.
- Currently enrolled in graduate-level program or recent Master’s degree graduate;
- Strong written and oral communications skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Event planning skills;
- Professional demeanor, excellent problem-solving skills, organizational abilities, and interpersonal skills;
- General knowledge of organizational budgeting financial functions;
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people, both independently and as part of a team;
- Prior office experience is desirable.
Application (Due by June 30, 2015):
- Cover Letter: Please detail why you want to intern at Bader Philanthropies, your internship objectives, and your career goals. Please also indicate your availability (start date, end date, and days and hours you are available).
- Résumé: Please list your complete educational and professional data and information about extracurricular activities.
- Writing Sample: Please enclose a 3-5 page writing sample.
- Two Letters of Reference: Each letter should address your interest and experience in public policy or related Foundation program area; ability to communicate both orally and in writing; and ability to work effectively as part of a team. At least one letter should be from a faculty member.
- Please email to Kim Thao, Operations Manager: email@example.com
About Bader Philanthropies:
Milwaukee-based Bader Philanthropies, Inc. strives to be a philanthropic leader in improving the quality of life of the diverse communities in which it works. Through the Helen Daniels Bader Fund and the Isabel and Alfred Bader Fund, the organization funds innovative projects and programs, convenes partners, and shares knowledge to affect emerging issues in a number of areas, including city youth, workforce development, and Alzheimer’s and aging. Since its founding in 1992 as the Helen Bader Foundation, the organization has committed more than $250 million in grants and program-related investments to advance its charitable mission.Did you like this story? Give Today