- Greet visitors at a building site entrance and briefly tell them what to expect at that particular site
- Track visitor attendance
- Distribute event program guides
- Stamp children’s building passports
- Ask visitors to sign-up for Historic Milwaukee Inc.’s mailing list
- Solicit donations to maintain DOORS OPEN as a FREE event
- Work with buildings owners and managers to ensure that visitors follow any necessary building requirements
Schedule: Shifts are four hours and run from 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM or 1:30 PM to 5:30 PM. Work one shift or as many shifts as you like.
Orientation: ALL volunteers are expected to attend one of the four volunteer orientation sessions. Even if you have volunteered in previous years, we ask you to attend since policies and procedures change. We want you to be fully prepared and comfortable in your role to help make this a successful event for all patrons.
- Saturday, September 12th – 10:00 AM (Central Library’s Centennial Hall)
- Tuesday, September 15th – 6:00 PM (Central Library’s Centennial Hall)
- Saturday, September 19th – 8:00 AM (City Hall)
- Sunday, September 20th – 8:00 AM (City Hall)
- The opportunity to meet others who share your interest in architecture, design, history, and Milwaukee’s built environment
- The ability for you and a guest to advance to the front of the line at any participating weekend site with your Volunteer badge
- A wrap party and reception for volunteers at City Hall
Visit the Doors Open website to learn more about the event!
HMI members get advance access to Doors Open in-depth tours AND free in-depth tour tickets as well! Not a member? Join today here.