The Milwaukee Awards for Neighborhood Development Innovation (known as the MANDIs) recognize individuals, organizations and projects that enrich central city neighborhoods. Nominations for 17th Annual MANDIs will be accepted through October 19, 2015. Sponsored by US Bank, the awards pay tribute to the people and organizations working tirelessly to make Milwaukee a great place to live, learn, work and grow. Individuals, organizations and projects in the city of Milwaukee are eligible to apply.
Nominations will be accepted at www.lisc.org/milwaukee in the following categories:
- BMO Harris Bank Cornerstone Award: Recognizes an organization for tenacious commitment and effectiveness
- Northern Trust Navigator Award: Recognizes an individual for outstanding leadership and collaboration
- PNC Trail Blazer Award: Recognizes an innovative approach to a community problem(s)
- State Farm Building Blocks Award: Recognizes a real estate project that enhances the community
- Brewers Community Foundation Public Space Award: Recognizes a public space that enlivens a neighborhood
All of the finalists will be eligible for the Wells Fargo People’s Choice Award at the 2016 MANDIs. The Wells Fargo People’s Choice Award is an interactive category that allows the public to vote online for their favorite finalists between March 7-15th.
MANDI is hosted by LISC Milwaukee (Local Initiative Support Corporation). Winners are selected by an independent committee, and will be announced at a gala on Wednesday, March 16, 2016. Finalists will be announced at a live event on Wednesday, December 2, 2015. All MANDI winners receive a trophy and $1,000.
Visit www.lisc.org/milwaukee for detailed category descriptions and complete nomination instructions. Entries must be submitted by Monday, October 19, 2015.
2015 MANDI winners included: HOMEGR/OWN’s Ezekiel Gillespie Park, the Rotary Club of Milwaukee, Venice Williams of Alice’s Garden, Sister’s Diversion Project of the Benedict Center, and the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Joseph J. Zilber School of Public Health.
- Post from Community: Theodore Lipscomb named to top job at LISC Milwaukee to expand economic development investments, deepen response to COVID-19 - July 7, 2020
- Post from Community: Grants and loans to support Milwaukee small businesses from LISC Milwaukee - May 21, 2020
- Post from Community: Application now open for the LISC Small Business Relief Grants - April 23, 2020