Job Title: Choice Neighborhood Coordinator (Full Time)
Responsible to: Program Manager
Responsibilities: Coordinate all activities within the Choice Neighborhood
Send Resume to: Stephanie Harling, Executive Director
Havenwoods Economic Development Corporation is the lead community and economic development agency effectively serving the city’s far northwest side for over 16 years. Havenwoods Economic Development Corporation has been afforded the unique opportunity to be a partner in delivering the Choice Neighborhood Community Improvement Plan to the Havenwoods community. This partnership involves providing services to the community within and surrounding the Westlawn Gardens community.
Resident Engagement: To assist HEDC staff in creating a participatory planning and resident engagement model that will drive community improvements. The successful candidate will:
- Coordinate community meetings kicking off the Choice Neighborhood initiative.
- Facilitate neighborhood meetings to regularly inform and to engage residents in implementation for the community improvement initiatives in the Choice Neighborhood.
- Manage outreach activities such as special events, newsletters, resource directory, email updates, social media and door to door outreach.
Quality of Life: To develop programs and events that will increase resident quality of life.
- Coordinate special events such as summer concerts, Havenwoods 5k Run and the Community Banquet and employment fairs.
- Assist with the development of new block watch clubs in the Choice Neighborhood
- Identify potential leadership skills among neighborhood residents,
- Make personal contacts with neighborhood residents through door-to-door activities,
- Facilitate the identification of neighborhood projects and develop action plans, and
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience as a community developer.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse neighborhood and develop significant relationships with leaders,
- Exceptional problem solving skills,
- Interest in working with public officials and partnering agencies,
- Ability to multi-task with a strong sense of meeting deadlines and follow-up,
- High degree of professionalism, flexibility and initiative,
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills,
- Personal automobile (mileage reimbursement is offered),
- Systems knowledge of basic Microsoft software: Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher
- Exceptional public speaking, oral and written communication skills; Ability to write reports and generate promotional materials,
- Ability to conduct evening and weekend activities
Benefits and other compensation:
Competitive salary and excellent benefits (complete health, dental, life, and paid time off)