On Friday, March 24, The Medical College of Wisconsin and the Student National Medical Association partnered to host a mini-med school. Local middle and high school students were invited to the event to show local underrepresented middle and high school students opportunities in the health care field.
Mini-Med School featured an afternoon of activities and exposure to medical school. A variety of stations gave the middle and high school students an opportunity to experience hands-on activities including:
- How to listen to heart sounds
- How to take blood pressure
- Basic CPR
- Basic suturing
- How to set fractures
The guest students had the opportunity to ask the medical students questions about how to apply to undergraduate institutions and how to seek mentorship.
- Post from Community: Asian Pacific American Medical Student Association at Medical College of Wisconsin wins National Chapter of the Year - October 23, 2019
- Study aims to improve food access for African Americans with Type 2 Diabetes in Milwaukee - June 20, 2019
- Greater Milwaukee Foundation and Medical College of Wisconsin advance community-based partnership - March 26, 2019