The Marquette Volunteer Legal Clinic Estate Planning Clinic offers free basic estate planning services to veterans and active duty military personnel and low income individuals in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The program is run on an appointment basis and appointments are still available through December 2017.
The program can be used to create a combination of the following documents:
- Basic Will
- Living Will
- Power of Attorney for Healthcare
- Power of Attorney for Finances
If you are wondering whether you need a will and/or power of attorney documents, consider this…
- Do you want to decide how your property will be distributed when you are gone?
- Do you want to decide who will take care of any minor children if you are unable?
- Do you want to avoid a lengthy probate process for your family and friends?
- Do you want to have control over medical treatments and procedures if you can no longer communicate?
- Do you want to be able to choose who will make financial and healthcare choices for you when you are no longer able to make them yourself?
Separate appointments are required for spouses or partners. For questions or to schedule an appointment, call 414.288.4965.
- Responding to the threat of violent recidivism: Alternatives to long-term confinement - May 6, 2019
- Free estate planning for low income Milwaukee residents and veterans/active duty service members - October 31, 2017
- The Future of Education in Milwaukee: One Conversation, Two Points of View - April 20, 2016