United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County envisions a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, financial stability and healthy lives. United Way advances the common good by recruiting people and organizations who bring the passion, expertise and resources needed to get things done. United Way’s global mission is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities to advance the common good. We invite you to be a part of the change – to Live United.
United Way is a recognized national brand and is the largest funder of health and human services outside of the federal government. Funds raised through UWGMWC remain local and are invested in nearly 220-plus programs at over 110 local nonprofit program partners.
The Receptionist & Conference Center Administrator is responsible for providing reception area support including switchboard operation, guest and visitor services and Brengel Conference Center administration (scheduling, coordination, tracking, etc.). Performs data entry, mailing assembly and other projects as assigned.
NOTE: This position is filled by two job sharing individuals and will generally work 2 days per week. Please also note that the possibility exists for additional hours once our Volunteer Engagement Center opens within the next year.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Operates telephone console to receive incoming calls and provides professional, courteous telephone answering and bcall/message routing services to the organization.
- Receives and welcomes visitors. Obtain visitor name, nature of business, and notifies person called upon.
- Provides courteous and helpful service to visitors and guests.
- Signs for and accepts deliveries and pick-ups.
- Answers general inquiries and/or directs callers and visitors to appropriate resources.
- Maintains secure, clean and orderly reception area and related materials and documentation.
- Works closely with partner to provide consistent, accurate communication regarding workflow status, outstanding issues to be addressed, and any other items necessary enabling partner to provide a smooth flow of services.
BRENGEL CONFERENCE CENTER ADMINISTRATION
- Schedules meetings, communicates with customers per procedures, and maintains corresponding calendars and database.
- Works with staff and customers, as necessary, to provide meeting room services and resolve issues as they arise.
- Maintains Lobby Monitors.
- Coordinates set up requirements and scheduling with building superintendent and any other staff required to provide coverage and services.
- Generate invoices for services for the use of conference rooms to external agencies, track payment of invoices and follow-up on past due bills.
- Perform occasional data entry in ANDAR for other departments as needed.
- Assist with large mailings and projects for departments as needed.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) equivalent, and 3-6 months related experience and/or training as switchboard/receptionist. Basic computer and keyboarding experience.
Ability to provide excellent customer service to various constituents, internal and external. Ability to work on tasks/projects independently. Ability to work well with job share partner. Good organizational capacity with attention to detail. Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks. Patient and positive attitude.
For further job criteria and complete details, click on: https://www.milwaukeejobs.com/j/29509106. If you meet or exceed job requirements, please apply directly at this web address today. Please indicate salary requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Post from Community: United Way & Employ Milwaukee receive Deloitte grant to enhance growth industry employment for African-American men - October 29, 2020
- Post from Community: Goodwill, ManpowerGroup and United Way to offer free virtual workshops for job seekers - October 9, 2020
- Post from Community: United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County to focus on reducing barriers to employment & advancement in 2020 campaign - September 7, 2020