United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County has an opening for a Milwaukee Succeeds and Portfolio Administrative Assistant in our Community Impact division! Be part of our mission to change lives and improve our community! In this important role, you’ll provide high quality, accurate administrative support to our Health, Education and Financial Stability priority areas and the Milwaukee Succeeds Initiative.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT 95%
Milwaukee Succeeds (50%) (Community-wide initiative focused on cradle to career success for all youth.)
- Provide overall administrative support to the School Readiness Networks (Goal 1) as assigned.
- Coordinate meeting activities including scheduling, meeting notices, set-up, preparation of materials/supplies, member contact, basic memo writing, developing and typing agendas, and follow-up for all School Readiness Networks.
- Prepare minutes for Network or ad hoc meetings.
- Set-up files in orderly manner to ensure easy retrieval and to maintain significant historical information.
- Assist with the production of Milwaukee Succeeds documents.
- Support Communications/Outreach Committee, including meeting logistics and taking minutes.
Health, Education and Financial Stability Portfolio Support (45%)
- Assist Portfolio Managers in determining needs and resources through research and networking in order to assist in the development of solutions to community problems.
- Attend bi-weekly staff meetings.
- Assist Portfolio Managers with their facilitation of external initiatives by providing administrative support, including coordinating meetings, preparing notes, presentations, and communication. Examples of external initiatives include, but are not limited to: My Very Own Library, Readers United and Project Homeless Connect.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all portfolio agency staff, volunteers, and community contacts.
- Organize information on agencies and programs addressing health, education and financial stability-related issues.
- Perform assignments and provide administrative support for the Director, Community Impact, as needed.
- Plan, organize and set-up program site visits including correspondence, material collection and distribution.
- Coordinate Ancillary Committee meetings and activities including scheduling, meeting notes, set up, preparation of materials/supplies, volunteer contact, basic memo writing, developing agendas, and follow-up communication
- Represent UW at funded agency events/functions when representation requested.
- Research community resources and provide information to the Portfolio Managers.
RECEPTION AREA COVERAGE 5%
- Cover switchboard on designated Fridays, breaks, and as needed on other days.
- Work with front desk team to ensure coverage when you are not available on your scheduled day.
- Provide excellent customer service by assisting callers and visitors.
- Route business calls to the appropriate staff members.
- Assess situations and obtain help as needed for visitors and callers, including referring to 211 or other services.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with business-related courses preferred. Requires Associates degree with business-related or administrative support courses and at least four (4) years of progressively responsible experience that would lead to the supporting of an individual in management position.
- Computer experience with Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, or other similar programs.
- Ability to: take minutes, dictation and transcription, and communicate well on all levels.
- Demonstrated skills in letter and memo writing and development. Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational details.
Work in a complex environment using technical and interpersonal skills. Strong analytical abilities, also demonstrating the ability to anticipate problems and identify and implement solutions when needed. Work independently, recognize tasks, implement and follow through to completion. Problem solve and work with flexibility.
For further job criteria and complete details, click on: https://www.milwaukeejobs.com/j/19871269. If you meet or exceed job requirements, please apply directly at this web address today. Please indicate salary requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Post from Community: Goodwill, ManpowerGroup and United Way to offer free virtual workshops for job seekers - October 9, 2020
- Post from Community: United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County to focus on reducing barriers to employment & advancement in 2020 campaign - September 7, 2020
- Post from Community: ManpowerGroup and United Way partner on fifth annual Virtual Men’s Job Seminar - September 7, 2020