It’s Monday in Milwaukee, and here are some events we think you shouldn’t miss. If you would like your event to be considered for this column, please email email@example.com and put 5 things in the subject line by noon Thursday.
1. Project Restoration career fair: Monday, July 15
Anyone seeking a job is welcome to stop by Project Restoration’s career fair on Monday, July 15. The fair will be held at St. Paul’s Church, 2661 N. 53rd St., in the lower level. Companies include Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, Manpower, Employ Milwaukee and more. The fair starts at 10 a.m. and ends at 2 p.m.
2. Lecture on “Race and color” in Latin America and the Caribbean: Tuesday, July 16
Patrick Bellegarde-Smith, a professor emeritus for the UW-Milwaukee Department of African and African Diaspora Studies, will give a lecture on “Race and color” in Latin America and the Caribbean on Tuesday, July 16. The lecture, which is hosted by the Ko-Thi Dance Company, takes place in the Mitchell Street Library, 906 W. Mitchell St. The event is free and will begin at 6 p.m.
3. Ballet Beat performance in Washington Park: Wednesday, July 17
Ballet Beat, a program created through the Milwaukee Ballet, is back for another summer. The group showcases professional dancers and Milwaukee Ballet II dancers. This Wednesday, July 17, the group will perform at Washington Park, 1859 N. 40th St., from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
4. Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee tutoring info session: Thursday, July 18
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee is looking for tutors to join the club’s literacy program on Thursday, July 18 at the Mardak Administration Center, 1558 N. 6th St. Those interested will have an opportunity to learn more about the literacy program and interview with one of the hiring managers. The event takes place from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. To RSVP, email Allison Vasquez-Lovell at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to learn more.
5. Guns Down Miltown’s charity kickball game: Friday, July 19
Guns Down Miltown, which aims to reduce gun violence, is hosting a charity kickball game on Friday, July 19. To join a team, email email@example.com. The games start at 6 p.m. A location has yet to be decided.
Bonus: NNS “Family Portraits” photoshoot at Washington Park: Wednesday, July 17
Come meet NNS! Photographer Sue Vliet, along with others from our team, will host a photo session at Washington Park, 1859 N. 40th St., on Wednesday, July 17 from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. as part of Washington Park Wednesdays. Families, friends and neighbors will get the opportunity to pose in front of the bandshell for a professional photo.
- 5 things to do and know the weekend of Sept. 25 - September 25, 2020
- NNS Spotlight: As America grapples with racist past, leader of America’s Black Holocaust Museum looks toward the future - September 24, 2020
- 5 things to do and know this week in Milwaukee: Sept. 21 to Sept. 26 - September 21, 2020