It’s Monday in Milwaukee, and here are some events we think you shouldn’t miss. If you would like your event to be considered for this column, please email email@example.com and put “5 things” in the subject line by noon Thursday.
1. Free admission at the zoo: Monday, Dec. 30 to Wednesday, Jan. 1
The Milwaukee County Zoo, 10001 W. Bluemound Rd., is offering free admission from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday, Dec. 30 to Wednesday, Jan. 1 as part of Frosty Free Week. (Parking fees will cost $12.)
2. Season of giving: blood drive: Monday, Dec. 30
The Versiti Blood Center of Wisconsin is hosting a blood drive from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday, Dec. 30 at the Milwaukee County Zoo Peck Welcome Center, 10001 W. Bluemound Rd. Donors will receive a mystery gift and a light meal will be served. To sign up for a donation time, click here.
3. New Year’s Eve family celebration at The Domes: Tuesday, Dec. 31
The Mitchell Park Domes, 524 S. Layton Ave., is hosting a family-friendly New Year’s Eve celebration from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 31. Tickets cost $10 and must be purchased ahead of time. There will be a light show, performances by Prismatic Flame fire dancers, a photo booth and a balloon drop.
4. Brunch at Vibez Creative Arts Space: Wednesday, Jan. 1
To ring in the new year, Vibez Creative Arts Space, 3536 W. Fond du Lac Ave., is hosting a brunch from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 1. Tickets cost $20 for bottomless mimosas and $30 for mimosas and brunch. Brunch will be catered by the Taste of Love catering company.
5. Meditation at Center Street Wellness: Saturday, Jan. 4
Jordan Klein is leading a meditation session at the Center Street Wellness, 2701 N. Martin Luther King Dr., from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 4. The meditation will incorporate a sound bath while meditators lay in a comfortable position. Tickets cost $25 and walk-ins are available.
Bonus: Milwaukee NNS fundraising campaign: Now through Tuesday, Dec. 31
Yep. We (still) out here begging. Milwaukee Neighborhood News Service is a nonprofit news organization. In order to survive, we rely on donations. Consider making a donation to our NewsMatch campaign, which ends Tuesday, Dec. 31. When you donate, NewsMatch will match your donation up to $1,000. Click here to donate. Every dollar counts.
- 5 things to do and know this week in Milwaukee: Oct. 26 to Oct. 31 - October 26, 2020
- 5 things to do and know the weekend of Oct. 24 - October 23, 2020
- 5 things to do and know this week in Milwaukee: Oct. 19 to Oct. 24 - October 19, 2020