Editor’s note: Our Posts from the Community feature is a platform for community announcements and event postings. If you have a post to be considered, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit it directly.
Hispanic Professionals of Greater Milwaukee (HPGM), the premier Hispanic professional organization in Milwaukee, announces its 2020 Leadership Award recipients. The annual HPGM Leadership Awards recognize winners’ professional accomplishments, community involvement and contributions to the development of Wisconsin’s Hispanic community. HPGM honors an organization that exhibits innovation and collaboration as well.
The 2020 Leadership Award winners are:
- Distinguished Leader – Irissol Arce, Senior Director of Diversity & Inclusion, Northwestern Mutual
- Community Leader – Ian Bautista, Senior Director of Civic Engagement, Greater Milwaukee Foundation
- Rising Leader – Fabiola Ramirez, Assistant Principal, Carmen Middle School
- HPGM Ally – Peggy Williams-Smith, President & CEO, VISIT Milwaukee
- Student Leader – Karla Loera, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Partner Organization – Alverno College
“As the Milwaukee professional community has larger conversations around diversity and inclusion in the workforce, it’s important to recognize those who exemplify HPGM’s vision of cultivating Hispanic talent in our region,” said Kim Schultz. “We are proud to honor these 2020 Leadership Award winners who exhibit true passion and commitment to building strong communities and a more equitable future for our young leaders.”
The 2020 Leadership Award recipients will be formally recognized at HPGM’s Annual Meeting, which will be held virtually on August 14, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. In addition to the recognition of award and scholarship recipients, the 2020 Leadership Award winners will participate in a panel discussion titled A Year of Change: Conversations with Milwaukee’s Diverse Leaders. Visit the HPGM website to register.