Editor’s note: Posts from the Community is the place for community announcements and event postings. If you have a community-oriented event you feel our readers would be interested in, please submit here
Pitch Black is set for February 27, sign up today!
Register Here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/528403949437
MKE Black’s first “Pitch Black” event was held on January 23, at the Sherman Phoenix in Milwaukee, sponsored by Huntington Bank.
“The MKE Black team was very excited to host this inaugural event,” said Kenge Adams, project manager for Connect Business Consulting. She is serving as the lead for daily activities for MKE Black. “We had a modest goal of 20 attendees. Much to our delight, 60 individuals participated, and 68% were Black business owners. WOW!”
Feedback from the event was very positive.
“This event is perfect for those willing to engage and be open minded to new possibilities. It’s truly a great event to network and learn simultaneously with like-minded individuals,” said Aureal Ojeda, owner/founder of Outwoken Tea and Pitch Black attendee.
The capacity for upcoming events is being increased, due to heightened interest. Part of the outreach strategy will include intentionally investing in routine resident leaders to recruit business owners to attend. MKE Black has also engaged with other community partners to spread the word about upcoming events.
“These events are created with purposeful intentionality for our community of entrepreneurs,” said Dr. Shakkiah Curtis, CEO of The Pink Hustle. “We are creating connections and opportunities for collaboration with peers and financial partners. I’m excited for the impact being created around wealth building mindsets.”
The next Pitch Black event will be on Monday, February 27 from 5-7:30 pm at Sherman Phoenix Marketplace, 3536 W. Fond du Lac Ave. Register Here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/528403949437
For more information on MKE Black, visit our website (www.mkeblack.org) or download the app (https://mkeblack.com/app).
About MKE Black: MKE Black MKE Black was founded in 2019 to celebrate, promote, empower, and advance Black businesses, events, and culture in greater Milwaukee.
MKE Black has developed a network of individuals and allies taking action for good by:
- Hosting our app (with 10,000+ downloads) to guide consumers to support the 850+ Black businesses featured
- Posting news and events on social media to over 25,000 combined followers
- Hosting community Marketplaces, increasing awareness, connections and business for members
- Providing educational, social and networking events like Pitch Black
- Partnering with organizations like the Milwaukee Bucks, the Greater Milwaukee Foundation, Milwaukee County’s office of equity, the Wisconsin Black Chamber of Commerce, Fresh Coast Labs, Scale Up MKE and more to focus attention and financial support to Black Businesses
- Creating a culture of belonging for Black businesses and professionals, building social capital
Leave a Reply