Having worked in a Kentucky coal mine from 1979-1982, this P&H 2100BL electric mining shovel recently was installed at Miller Parkway and National Avenue. The retired digger is a permanent monument to P&H Mining, which started as Pawling & Harnischfeger Machine and Pattern Shop on Dec. 1, 1884.
Layton Boulevard West is composed of Layton Park, Burnham Park and Silver City. They are home to numerous attractions such as a block of Frank Lloyd Wright homes and many ethnic shops and restaurants, and is only a short walk from Miller Park, home of the Milwaukee Brewers. Layton Boulevard West Neighbors, a community development group, has been working to address the changing and diverse needs of the neighborhood since 1995.