The Milwaukee Awards for Neighborhood Development Innovation (known as the MANDIs) recognize individuals, organizations and projects that enrich central city neighborhoods. The awards pay tribute to the people and organizations working tirelessly to make Milwaukee a great place to live, learn, work and grow. Individuals, organizations, corporations and projects in the city of Milwaukee are eligible to apply. MANDI is presented by LISC and US Bank.
Nominations will be accepted at http://mandiawards.org/ in the following categories:
• BMO Harris Bank Cornerstone Award: Recognizes an organization for tenacious commitment and effectiveness
• Northern Trust Navigator Award: Recognizes an individual for outstanding leadership and collaboration
• PNC Trail Blazer Award: Recognizes an innovative approach to a community problem(s)
• State Farm Building Blocks Award: Recognizes a real estate project that enhances the community
• Brewers Community Foundation Public Space Award: Recognizes a public space that enlivens a neighborhood
MANDI is hosted by LISC Milwaukee (Local Initiatives Support Corporation). Winners are selected by an independent committee, and will be announced at a gala on Wednesday, April 15, 2015. Finalists will be announced at a live event on Wednesday, December 10th, 2014.
2014 MANDI winners included: Just One More Ministry, Martin Luther King Economic Development Corporation, Howard Snyder of Northside Community Development Corporation, Three Bridges Park, Westlawn Gardens, and Northwestern Mutual.Did you like this story? Subscribe to NNS today.