With the final deadline to purchase health care coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace quickly approaching, Mayor Tom Barrett, the Milwaukee Enrollment Network (MKEN), and the City of Milwaukee Health Department (MHD) are reminding area residents that resources for enrollment assistance are available.
“There are just two weeks left to purchase private health care coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace,” said Mayor Tom Barrett. “I urge all who have questions about renewing their health care coverage or exploring new options to take advantage of the numerous resources available for assistance before it’s too late.”
Throughout Milwaukee, more than 17 special enrollment events will be held before the February 15 deadline. Regularly scheduled enrollment assistance will continue at more than 10 community agency locations, including the City of Milwaukee Health Department’s three health center locations. Find a full calendar of special events and regular enrollment support hours at www.mkehcp.org.
“Nine out of 10 Wisconsinites who enrolled through the Health Insurance Marketplace found that they qualified for financial assistance,” said Heather Dummer Combs, MKEN enrollment project manager. “So, with more insurance plans offered in this enrollment period, consumers should shop for the plan that fits their health needs and budget.”
Seven Milwaukee Public Library branches will also continue to offer special computer hours staffed by trained individuals from Covering Kids & Families, Milwaukee Health Services, Inc., and the MHD during the below times:
- Mondays 1-5 p.m. — Feb. 2, Feb. 9 — Washington Park Library, 2121 N. Sherman Blvd.
- Wednesdays 12-3:30 p.m. — Feb. 4, Feb. 11 — Capitol Library, 3969 N. 74th St.
- Wednesdays 12-3:30 p.m. — Feb. 4, Feb. 11 — Mill Road Library, 6431 N. 76th St.
- Wednesdays 3:30-5 p.m. — Feb. 4, Feb. 11 — Central Library, 814 W. Wisconsin Ave.
- Wednesdays 4:30-7:30 p.m. — Feb. 4, Feb. 11 — Forest Home Library, 1432 W. Forest Home Ave.
- Wednesdays 5-8 p.m. — Feb. 4, Feb. 11 — Martin Luther King Library, 310 W. Locust St.
- Saturdays 10 a.m.-2 p.m. — Feb. 7, Feb. 14 — Center Street Library, 2727 W. Fond du Lac Ave.
Individuals with questions regarding the Health Insurance Marketplace are encouraged to visit www.healthcare.gov or call (800) 318-2596. For local assistance, area residents can dial 2-1-1 to be connected to an assister in their area.Did you like this story? Subscribe to NNS today.