DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS AND STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS
Founded in 2001, Hispanic Professionals of Greater Milwaukee’s mission is to create an environment for Hispanic Professionals to thrive. We do this by fostering leadership, mentoring, education, networking, and new initiatives that support Hispanics.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Director will play a critical role in helping HPGM achieve its vision to provide high quality programs locally and regionally, with the plan to eventually extend the use of its model to other areas. This position will be responsible for a variety of significant activities including internal operations, oversight programs, program evaluation services and the building and maintaining of partnerships with key stakeholders. S/he will be instrumental in ensuring consistent and effective internal processes and communications in order to strengthen HPGM programs and position the organization for continued success.
- Leadership of volunteer teams and other stakeholders
- Oversee the program operations providing vision, guidance, strategies for growth and operational assistance
- Coordinate with the President & CEO to ensure quality program delivery and alignment with strategic goals
- Strengthen internal operations and infrastructure
- Develop all policies and programs for HPGM programs and events including planning and development, on-boarding, training, evaluation, and recruiting; provide clarity around roles, motivate members, and facilitate effective team dynamics
- Support the President & CEO and Board of Directors to make consistent and progressive steps toward organizational and programmatic consistency and sustainability; effectively communicate work plans and priorities derived from the organization’s strategic plan by partnering with the President & CEO to follow through with coordinated accountabilities, objectives, and associated budgets
- Enhance organizational excellence by establishing operational benchmarks, timelines, and resources needed to achieve strategic goals, proactively recommending and driving improvements as necessary; set standards for accountability and measurements of success
- Oversee HPGMs evaluation activities including data collection systems evaluation, and all contracts and activities relating to program evaluation and measurement; communicate and prepare all data collection summary reports and evaluation updates for the President & CEO and Board of Directors
- Develop a knowledge management system that ensures maximum sharing of information and learning throughout the organization; create an environment whereby HPGM is known as a best-in-class organization
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including corporate, non-profit and professional members
- Bachelor’s degree required; at least seven years of professional experience in a project management, program or event management experience, ideally in a rapidly evolving institution
- Highly organized and ability to wear multiple hats in a fast-moving environment; a driving force who manages toward clarity and solutions
- A successful track record in setting priorities, shaping processes, guiding investment in people and systems, and developing an infrastructure that creates a stronger and more efficient organization
- Thorough understanding of project management; able to work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines and goals
- A consummate team player with a flexible and creative approach
- Excellent communication and coalition building skills with an ability to balance, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders; high level of knowledge and understanding, especially as it relates to program replication, connecting programs to funding, creatively generating other resources, and building strategic partnerships.
- Evening and weekend work may be required
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to HPGMs mission
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to coordinate a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Strong facilitation, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently as well as to function effectively and collaboratively in a team environment
Interested candidates should e-mail a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: Griselda Aldrete, Griselda.email@example.comDid you like this story? Subscribe to NNS today.