The Milwaukee Public Schools Department of Business, Community, and Family Partnerships is responsible for ensuring the business community, MPS’s community partners, and district families have a single point of contact to facilitate meaningful interactions with the district to enhance student academic success and the well-being of students and families.
We are currently seeking an intern to begin in August/September to assist with the set-up and implementation of the Department and its programs. Specifically, the intern will assist with the following:
- Coordinating and implementing partnerships between schools, the district, and the business community
- Coordinating and implementing specific annual and one-time events held at schools for our partners
- Creating and maintaining a school event log
- Partnership Grant Program Administration
- Assisting with district special event coordination and planning
- Assisting with the drafting of department policies and procedures
- Creating and maintaining a log of partnerships for each school
- Assisting with volunteer coordination
- Research into best practices for partnerships, volunteering, and family engagement
- General assistance to the Department Director
The position would be between 20-30 hours a week with pay between $15-17 per hour and is expected to run through June 2016. Majors in the areas of Public and Non-profit Administration, Business Administration, Communication, Urban Studies, and Public Health are encouraged to apply. Please forward a resume and cover letter to Joe’Mar Hooper, Director of Business, Community, and Family Partnerships at email@example.com to apply.