A retired engineer building houses not interested in rushing the job to completion but in empowering partner families to build and maintain their homes themselves.
A volunteer coordinator who recognizes that people with disabilities are not just people to be served, but skilled volunteers themselves.
A group of leaders building community by serving lunch to Milwaukee residents living homelessly for more than twenty five years.
A long time board member at Beyond Vision who associates the word “volunteer” with the action-oriented phrase “a highway to do something.”
A corporate culture that supports its 6,000 employees giving back to the community for more than 30,000 hours each year.
These are the winners of the 2016 Inspire by Example Awards, all of whom are named below. Each recipient will be honored at this year’s Inspire by Example awards celebration on Thursday, April 7th from 11:30 am to 1:00pm at the Italian Community Center. Join us in celebrating these volunteers by attending the event or reading the story of each volunteer at www.npcmilwaukee.org/blog.
2016 Inspire By Example Award Winners
- Jim Stanke – Inspire by Example Adult Award winner nominated by Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity
- J’Koreyia Lawson – Inspire by Example Youth Award winner nominated by City on a Hill
- Saturday Lunch Leadership Team 25+ Years – Inspire by Example Team Award winner nominated by The Gathering of Southeast WI
- GE Healthcare – Inspire by Example Business Award winner
- Ana Kleppin – Wile Volunteer Management Award winner nominated by IndependenceFirst
- Eric Isbister – Swigart Board Leadership Award nominated by Beyond Vision