Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin’s new Midtown Clinic (5433 W. Fond du Lac Avenue) offers care closer to home for families in Milwaukee. It opened July 18, 2016, with dental services to begin on-site on September 8, 2016.
Size: 20,000-square-foot clinic (largest Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin primary care clinic in Milwaukee)
Services: Pediatric and adolescent primary care, behavioral medicine and dental care, provided by eight full-time and seven part-time doctors, dental providers, a staff of nurse practitioners, a psychologist and medical students.
- Multiple services under one roof to provided coordinated care for families
- State-of-the-art technology and amenities designed specifically for pediatric patients and their families
- Access to bus lines
- Convenient on-site parking
Midtown Clinic Community Open House: Monday, Aug. 15, 2016, from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., with a short program at 4 p.m. The event will feature free refreshments, kids’ activities and giveaways.
Children’s Commitment to Milwaukee
In addition to the new, 20,000-square-foot Midtown Clinic, Children’s operates primary care clinics located at the Northside YMCA and COA Goldin Center managed in partnership with Marquette University College of Nursing; a primary care clinic located at the Next Door Foundation site; urgent care services at the Sixteenth Street Community Health Center on the south side; and a school nurse program at Milwaukee schools. More than 91 percent of patients seen at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin’s Milwaukee locations are insured by Medicaid. Across its statewide footprint, more than 54 percent of patients served by Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin are insured by Medicaid.
- Mission: Healthy Kids offers free Summer Healthy Family Challenge for all Wisconsin families July 1-August 16 - July 18, 2019
- Measles Vaccination Clinics opened by Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin - May 8, 2019
- Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin temporarily not allowing kids under 12 to visit patients in the hospital - January 7, 2019