Posted October 24, 2016
Applications accepted until November 14, 2016
The Metropolitan Milwaukee Fair Housing Council (MMFHC) is seeking a Complaint Analyst. The mission of MMFHC is to promote fair housing throughout the State of Wisconsin by combating illegal housing discrimination, and by creating and maintaining racially and economically integrated housing patterns.
Complaint Analyst position description
This is a full-time position (40 hours a week) based in MMFHC’s Milwaukee office. The salary range for this position is $46,000 to $52,000, depending on experience and qualifications. The Complaint Analyst will report directly to MMFHC’s Executive Vice President, and will conduct the following activities:
- Provide counseling and assistance to housing consumers and housing providers on the purposes and provisions of local, state and federal fair housing laws.
- Conduct intake of housing discrimination complaints alleging violations of fair housing laws. The Complaint Analyst will interview potential complainants and obtain complete and accurate information for referral and review by supervisor(s) or another agency as directed.
- Advise complainants on their options for pursuing complaints through administrative or judicial actions.
- Act as a liaison between complainants, attorneys, and public administrative agencies during the process of seeking a resolution to a housing discrimination complaint.
- Prepare documents for referral to attorneys and/or public administrative agencies.
- Maintain detailed, confidential records pertaining to complaints.
- Assist with preparation of reports as directed.
- Conduct fair housing outreach and training as directed by supervisor(s).
- Undertake continuous efforts to educate oneself on fair housing laws, regulations, policies, procedures, issues and programs relevant to effective job performance.
Desired qualifications and experience
- At least 2 years of experience working directly with clients in a counseling or case management role (for example, assisting clients in obtaining public benefits; navigating health, financial or legal systems; protection of civil rights; or working with clients to achieve goals related to housing and self- sufficiency).
- Ability to explain legal concepts in simple, easy-to-understand language.
- At least 2 years of experience working in a culturally competent manner with a racially and ethnicallydiverse client population, and/or a client population that includes people with disabilities.
- Ability to maintain detailed and confidential records.
- Experience training co-workers or other colleagues.
- Exceptional analytical, time management and multitasking skills.
- Previous experience in civil rights enforcement and/or education highly desirable.
- Spanish or Hmong language skills highly desirable.
- B.A./B.S. preferred, but commensurate experience will be considered.
How to Apply
NO TELEPHONE OR EMAIL INQUIRIES ACCEPTED
Please submit a cover letter and current résumé to:
Attention: Human Resources Committee
759 N. Milwaukee Street, Suite 500
Milwaukee, WI 53202
MMFHC is an equal opportunity employer.
If you need materials in alternate formats or other accommodations, please call 414-278-1240.
- Post from Community: Fighting hate in Metropolitan Milwaukee: New network formed to help victims of hate - December 19, 2019
- Post from Community: Fair Housing Search App available for homeseekers - December 5, 2019
- Fair Housing Council settles discrimination complaint against Waukesha County - February 2, 2017