Milwaukee Public Schools is moving forward with a plan to seek Board and Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction approval to implement one district school year calendar with an early start date — similar to the current MPS International Baccalaureate (IB) calendar for all schools and students.
Pursuing an early start date calendar has two main goals:
- Improving educational opportunities for students
- Making more efficient use of district resources
Learn more about the calendar proposal, the benefits of following this model and how you can share your thoughts by attending one of 10 community listening sessions. Dates, times and locations can be found on our website.
If you are unable to attend one of the community listening sessions and would like to share your thoughts, MPS invites you to complete a short online survey.
- Wisconsin Vision’s ‘Clear Days Ahead’ program provides children in need with free glasses - November 13, 2018
- Board names Dr. Keith Posley MPS Superintendent - October 10, 2018
- Right Wisconsin: No regrets for referring to MPS students as “…little convicts being sent to the penitentiary.” - September 12, 2018