United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County envisions a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability and healthy lives. United Way advances the common good by recruiting people and organizations who bring the passion, expertise and resources needed to get things done. United Way’s global mission is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities to advance the common good. We invite you to be a part of the change – to Live United.
United Way is a recognized national brand and is the largest funder of health and human services outside of the federal government. Funds raised through UWGMWC remain local and are invested in nearly 220-plus programs at over 110 local nonprofit program partners.
This position is responsible for ensuring that Fundraising data is accurately entered, maintained and reported. Analyze fundraising results to allow leadership to make informed decision on fundraising strategy development. Develops process improvements where better use of data and automation can save time, labor and improve accuracy. Monitor and report the status of annual campaign to the Vice President of Resource Development. Act as the campaign liaison to IT, Pledge Processing, and Finance departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
CAMPAIGN TRACKING & DATA MANAGEMENT
- Analyze campaign results, including trends and designation patterns.
- Support VP of Resource Development by monitoring the progress of the annual campaign, goal setting, projections, and analysis of relevant pace indicators.
- Document the policies and procedures relevant to information gathering and reporting.
- As directed, serve as support to IT in training Campaign staff on data collection policy, procedures, and data maintenance on Andar specific to Resource Development.
- During annual campaign, provide weekly overview of campaign status, including clear indicators if interpreted problem areas that are critical to the flow of the campaign.
- Produce weekly reports which include but are not limited to: Campaign Status Report, Campaign Cabinet Status Report and Year to Year comparison throughout the Campaign on Monday mornings. Plan and execute an annual campaign analysis including Database II (DBII) reporting for United Way Worldwide, as well as any other campaign surveys throughout the year.
- Lead the campaign debrief by providing the fundraising staff with reports while providing overall analytical insights into the campaign.
- Work in conjunction with IT to assist campaign portfolio managers in meeting external and internal information requests.
- Work with Finance in areas relevant to campaign processing, donor choice and special national processing.
- Enter and monitor verbal pledges for corporate, employee or special event dollars.
- Review daily automated reports for data accuracy and to identify problems.
- Assist in improving the current process to produce and ensure accuracy of donor lists for the Business Recognition and Leadership Registry.
- Ensure Workplace Giving data is accurately entered and maintained and reviews, develops and enhances standards for data integrity.
- Troubleshoot with Pledge Processing to ensure timely reconciliation and gift processes.
- Assist with ongoing research on accounts – be knowledgeable of industry trends and how they will affect campaign processes.
- Coordinate definition, development, and documentation of non-campaign transactions to record endowment gifts in ANDAR for better records of donor giving history, working closely with Finance & Operations. Lay the foundation for creation of new Endowment Campaign in ANDAR. Develop and document system for identifying and tracking planned giving prospects and Legacy Society members in ANDAR.
- Act as a backup for customized pledge-card printing for workplace giving campaigns.
- Implement the Loaned Executive Assignment Process.
- Serve as project lead for the Milwaukee Business Journal recognition publication.
- Participate in weekly ANDAR Optimization meetings.
- Attend weekly Resource Development Staff meetings.
CORPORATE RELATIONS OPERATING GROUP
- Act as liaison for the Resource Development Department to UWW and other United Ways for CROG accounts. Provide feedback for drafts of strategic agreements, relay market-specific data to UWW, and sit on all CROG conference calls.
- Attend UWW training to learn best-practices on approaching accounts; relate CROG training to the RD team and account managers.
- Incorporate feedback from across the organization as it relates to CROG accounts (especially Volunteer Engagement, CID, and Pledge Processing).
FINANCE & OPERATIONS LIAISON
- Provide Chief Operating Officer and Controller status on campaign financial data, including projections, verbal pledge commitments, and other requested data (using tools provided by IT).
- Work with Pledge Processing Manager in processing and reporting national campaigns in relationship to Standard M requirements.
- Primary liaison with the IT department for campaign reporting and operational development, data standards, and organization information policies.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES No direct supervisory responsibility.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college/university, math or statistics major preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years data and business analysis.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to initiate and perform different analyses and organize information to identify philanthropic patterns, tendencies, and relationships among individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Strong project management background and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a demanding environment.
- Demonstrated experience in prospect research (e.g. Hoover’s, Google).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid understanding of group dynamics and group facilitation skills.
- Experience in working with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize work, and independently manage multiple, diverse and competing priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Advanced MS Excel calculation skills (e.g. macros, pivot tables, VLOOKUP, etc.) a plus.
- Experience in data extraction (e.g., MS Access or other querying tool) desired.
- Must have Microsoft Office background.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with sensitive information.
For further job criteria and complete details, click on: https://www.milwaukeejobs.com/j/23809040. If you meet or exceed job requirements, please apply directly at this web address today. Please indicate salary requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer