As part of National Get Outdoors Day and the Every Kid in a Park initiative, children ages 10 and up, and their families are invited to join us at YMCA Camp Minikani for a morning of environmental education activities. This event is part of the Milwaukee Y’s commitment to the Let’s Move! initiative that then-First Lady Michelle Obama began in 2010.
DATE: Saturday, June 10
LOCATION: YMCA Camp Minikani
875 Amy Belle Rd.
Limited (40 people) Round trip bus transportation will be provided FREE of cost from the Northside YMCA (1350 W. North Ave, Milwaukee) – Pick up is at 9 am. For those not needing transportation, please be at Camp Minikani at 10 am sharp.
National Get Outdoors & Every Kid in a Park Day also features the following FREE activities this Saturday, June 10:
- National Get Outdoors Archery Program – 1-3 pm and 5:30-7:30 pm at Hawthorne Glen (1120 N. 60th St, Milwaukee).
- Enjoy a Morning of Fun at Schlitz Audubon Nature Center – Enjoy a Morning of Fun at Schlitz Audubon Nature Center; 9 am – noon (1111 E. Brown Deer Rd, Milwaukee—Hiking alongside Lake Michigan shoreline, habitat exploring and tours of the LEED certified environmental education center.
- National Get Outdoors Day Event – National Get Outdoors Day Event at Urban Ecology Center (in Washington Park, 1859 N. 40th St, Milwaukee) — featuring hiking, canoeing, games and light refreshments.
- Post from Community: YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee to implement an emergency closing and suspend operations – a COVID-19 response - March 15, 2020
- Milwaukee YMCA Healthy Families Day - July 5, 2017
- YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee offers environmental education on National Get Outdoors Day June 10th - June 7, 2017