United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County (UWGMWC) has a challenging opportunity as an Administrative Assistant, Corporate Relationships in our Resource Development (RD) department! In this key role, you’ll provide assistance to staff in four different campaign divisions, including administrative support for campaign sessions, company Ambassador trainings and recognition. You’ll also coordinate thank you letters and sponsorship benefits, and provide support for United Way events, volunteers, and additional administrative backup for the department.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
SUPPORT MAJOR CAMPAIGNS, HEALTHCARE, PROFESSIONAL, and PUBLIC SECTOR DIVISIONS
- Provide administrative support for the Account Managers for the Major Campaign, Healthcare, Professional, and Public Sector Divisions.
- Coordinate meeting activities including scheduling, sending meeting notices/calendar invites, handling meeting set up, and preparation of materials/supplies, contact volunteers, developing and preparing agendas.
- Prepare minutes and take notes for meetings. Assist with the preparation of CEO Call Notes and with all aspects of events.
- Update individual and company information in ANDAR donor database, and become proficient in using ANDAR. Coordinate the production of key division documents.
- Proofread documents such as letters, emails, communication to Ambassadors, and printed materials.
- Research accounts as assigned. Provide support for managing pledges that come via the Nexus tool.
- Assist in maintaining the site, testing and verifying that credit cards work, etc.
- Compose and handle routine correspondence and clerical work including document preparation, recordkeeping, filing, use and maintenance of mail lists.
VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
- Make follow-up calls if needed to volunteer solicitors, Campaign Cabinet members, and their volunteer teams. Help to secure volunteer stationery for solicitation mailings.
- Assist in coding volunteer prospects. Prepare division co-chair folders and prospect evaluation binders for Division prospect evaluation meetings.
- Manage Prospect Evaluation calendar for RD team.
- Work with RD staff to revise/create Volunteer Solicitor Letter.
- Work with IT to print customized pledge forms.
SPONSORSHIP PROCESS SUPPORT
- Work with Sponsorship Manager to help coordinate thank you letter process, review confirmed sponsorship proposals and track promised benefits. Coordinate with staff leads in various departments to make sure UW is delivering on promise.
- Work with account managers and marketing team to update Sponsorship section of company website.
- Help coordinate updating sponsorship menu PowerPoint document with current year’s needs.
CORPORATE GIFT THANK YOU LETTER PROCESS
- Review weekly generated corporate gift thank you letters and work with Account Managers to ensure correct contact names and dollar amounts. Coordinate timing of mailing the letters based on staff approval.
GENERAL EVENT SUPPORT
- Majestic VIP (Ambassador Recognition) Event – Create invitations, set-up mailing, manage RSVPs, name tags, and other event preparation.
- Provide administrative support, including but not limited to event & invitation setup, registration and follow-up for specified events.
MANAGE IMPACT COUPON BOOK PROJECT
- Secure vendors, including reaching out to existing vendors as well as recruiting potential new ones.
- Revise and prepare FAQs, vendor letters, emails, and contracts. Follow up to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Work with Marketing & Communications dept. on the creation and proofing of Impact Coupon Book.
- Coordinate the distribution of the booklets with campaign staff and company representatives.
- Ensure vendors are properly recognized in publications including website and billboard recognition.
ADMINISTRATIVE BACKUP SUPPORT
- Provide additional administrative backup for RD department.
- Understand administrative procedures and be able to provide backup to all other department support staff.
RECEPTION AREA COVERAGE
- Cover switchboard on designated Fridays, breaks and as needed on other days.
- Work with front desk team to ensure coverage when not available on scheduled days.
- Provide excellent customer service by assisting callers and visitors.
- Route business calls to the appropriate staff members.
- Assess situations and obtain help as needed for visitors and callers, including referring to 211 or other services.
Actively participate in special work-groups and projects as assigned.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED and five (5) years of progressively responsible experience
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook or other similar programs. Ability to produce and edit complex spreadsheets that include formulas.
- Ability to manage multiple calendars – experience with scheduling executives a plus.
- Ability to take minutes. Ability to communicate and interact well on all levels.
- Demonstrated skills in letter and memo writing and development. Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational details.
- Ability to work in a complex work environment using technical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical abilities, demonstrating the ability to anticipate problems and identify and implement solutions when needed.
- Ability to work independently, recognize tasks, implement and follow through to completion. Proactively communicates with team members on status of projects, tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to problem-solve and work with flexibility. Able to quickly adapt to change.
- Ability to remain productive and calm in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment.
- Allocates time efficiently to the most important issues and knows what to spend time on; completes work in a timely and accurate fashion.
For further job criteria and complete details, click on: https://www.milwaukeejobs.com/j/27711030. If you meet or exceed job requirements, please apply directly at this web address today. Please indicate salary requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Post from Community: United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County to focus on reducing barriers to employment & advancement in 2020 campaign - September 7, 2020
- Post from Community: ManpowerGroup and United Way partner on fifth annual Virtual Men’s Job Seminar - September 7, 2020
- Post from Community: United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County Announces Inaugural Grants for Safe & Stable Homes Initiative - August 10, 2020