Artist Working in Education’s Truck Studio program provides meaningful, drop-in art enrichment activities free of charge to children ages 4 – 14 in underserved neighborhoods. We present programs on site to help participants become more inquisitive, creative, flexible, imaginative and confident while fostering a sense of community among children, artists, and Milwaukee neighborhoods.
Our a Truck Studio positions are a great PAID opportunity to use your creative talents to impact the lives of Milwaukee children while expanding your skills as a community artist! AWE Truck Studio hires community-minded teaching artists who have a background and interest in the VISUAL arts (drawing, painting, printmaking, sculpture, etc) and who love working with young people. Our programs run in the afternoons, evenings, and weekends. You must be available to work between the hours of 3pm-9pm on weekdays and have open availability on Saturdays. These are part-time positions ranging from about 2 to 10 hours a week.
AWE is hiring for our fall Truck Studio library programs and special events:
- College Level Interns: creative, adaptable and dedicated community artists with some experience and/or those working toward degrees or coursework in Studio Art, Art Education, or Art Therapy. Applicants who already have experience working in urban environments and with children are preferred.
- Lead Artists: professionals with teaching experience at the K-12 level either in schools or in the community-at-large. Degree in Studio Art, Art Education, or Art Therapy is preferred but not mandatory.
We are hoping to build diverse teams of artists that are dedicated to community outreach & development and who enjoy working in an engaging way with community members from a wide variety of backgrounds. Bilingual English-Spanish speakers are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply immediately if you are interested!
Click for application or contact A.W.E. for more information:
- New mural installation at MPL Mitchell Street Branch kicks off “Our Town” artist residency - July 11, 2018
- Nine new members join Artists Working in Education’s board of directors - February 18, 2018
- Jezamil Arroyo-Vega named interim Executive Director at Artists Working in Education - February 6, 2018