United Way is the largest privately-funded nonprofit in the world! Funds raised through UWGMWC remain local and are invested in nearly 220-plus programs at over 110 local nonprofit program partners. POSITION OVERVIEW This is not just any Administrative Assistant position! In this role you’ll use your expert-level detail-orientation and accuracy to lead our Major Gifts administrative efforts, frequently coordinating with peers in local companies. You’ll provide administrative support to the Vice President of Resource Development and the Major Gifts team, with back-up support to the Chief Executive Officer. You’ll also provide administrative support to annual Community Campaign Co-chairs and the Campaign Cabinet. In this position it’s critical to recognize and maintain the confidentiality and sensitive nature of division matters, anticipate potential problems, and develop solutions.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT FOR VICE PRESIDENT OF RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT AND MAJOR GIFTS TEAM
- Provide administrative support for the Vice President – Resource Development and provide back-up support for CEO as needed including organizing, planning and follow-through.
- Coordinate meeting activities including scheduling, sending meeting notices, handling meeting set-up, preparation of materials/supplies, contacting volunteers and preparing agendas.
- Prepare minutes and take notes for meetings, including Campaign co-chair meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Coordinate the production of key division documents, including but not limited to all Jane Bradley Pettit and Tocqueville Society solicitation materials.
- Assist Major Gifts staff in the planning and coordination of meetings, division reports, and other fund development activities.
- Assist department staff in fulfilling campaign timelines for Tocqueville and Jane Bradley Pettit Society solicitations and special gifts/individuals.
- Lead the thank you process for Tocqueville and Jane Bradley Pettit donors to ensure timely and accurate recognition of donors.
- Work with Resource Development staff on the accuracy of the Tocqueville and Jane Bradley Pettit Society members in the leadership registry.
- Gather and submit data to United Way Worldwide for the National Tocqueville Registry.
- Assist with ANDAR (donor database) system maintenance for Major Gifts records, and ensure account data is accurate and up to date.
- Aid in obtaining (and approval for using) volunteer letterhead and signatures.
- Coordinate the invitation mailings of Tocqueville and Jane Bradley Pettit Society events and manage the RSVP process, communicating status of responses with manager; provide some phone follow up.
- Maintain office documentation for Tocqueville and Jane Bradley Pettit Society.
RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT ANNUAL CAMPAIGN CO-CHAIR & CABINET ORGANIZATION
- Maintain a campaign calendar of meetings which include but are not limited to cabinet meetings, Campaign kickoff and finale, and corporate solicitation calls for all Community Campaign Co-Chairs.
- Serve as a point person for co-chair assistants.
- Obtain co-chair signatures for mailings.
- Assemble co-chair meeting materials.
- Send meeting reminders before the co-chair meetings.
- Keep attendance for Cabinet Meetings and prepare minutes for all co-chair meetings.
- Maintain updated and accurate cabinet rosters, including current contact information, throughout the year.
- Enter/update cabinet member information in ANDAR including volunteer activities.
- Responsible for cabinet meeting attendance list; name tents; name badges, seating charts, room setup, ordering food, etc.
- Provide cabinet & assistants’ emails to IT for entry onto main email lists.
- Send cabinet welcome packet.
- Send weekly updates and communication to all campaign cabinet members with campaign status and updates.
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT FOR OTHER RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
- Register Resource Development professionals and VP Resource Development for external luncheons and events.
- Conduct research as directed using local publications, websites or other sources.
- Order Resource Development division’s office supplies when necessary.
ADMINISTRATIVE BACKUP SUPPORT
RECEPTION AREA COVERAGE
- Understand administrative procedures and be able to provide backup to all other Resource Development department support staff if necessary.
- Cover switchboard on designated Fridays, breaks and as needed on other days.
- Work with front desk team to ensure coverage when you are not available on your scheduled day.
- Provide excellent customer service by assisting callers and visitors.
- Route business calls to the appropriate staff members.
- Assess situations and obtain help as needed for visitors and callers, including referring to 211 or other services.
Actively participate in special work-groups and projects as assigned.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED and minimum five (5) years of progressively responsible experience.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook or other similar programs. Ability to produce and edit complex spreadsheets that include formulas. Ability to manage multiple calendars – experience with scheduling executives a plus.
- Ability to take meeting minutes, and communicate and interact well with all employee levels.
- Demonstrated skills in letter and memo writing and development. Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational details.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work in a complex environment using technical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical abilities, also demonstrating the ability to anticipate problems and identify and implement solutions when needed.
- Ability to work independently, recognize tasks, implement, and follow through to completion. Proactively communicates with team members on status of projects, tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to problem-solve and work with flexibility. Able to quickly adapt to change.
- Ability to remain productive and calm in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment.
- Allocates time efficiently to the most important issues and knows what to spend time on; completes work in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Responsible for producing error-free documents.
- High level of attention to detail.
For further job criteria and complete details, click on: https://www.milwaukeejobs.com/j/28717794. If you meet or exceed job requirements, please apply directly at this web address today. Please indicate salary requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Post from Community: United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County to focus on reducing barriers to employment & advancement in 2020 campaign - September 7, 2020
- Post from Community: ManpowerGroup and United Way partner on fifth annual Virtual Men’s Job Seminar - September 7, 2020
- Post from Community: United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County Announces Inaugural Grants for Safe & Stable Homes Initiative - August 10, 2020