Join the Greater Milwaukee Foundation on Tuesday, Oct. 9, for a special day of building relationships and taking action together to make southeastern Wisconsin a better place to live. On the Table MKE is a big collection of small gatherings where people share a meal and talk about topics that matter in their lives and communities. Any individual or organization can host a table and bring others together for conversation and change.
Register to host or join a table at onthetableMKE.org/register
Funding opportunity for On the Table MKE participants
New this year, On the Table MKE participants will be eligible to apply for small amounts of funding to strengthen community, deepen civic involvement and cultivate new ideas developed during their conversations. Ideas to Action funding will range in amount from $500 to $2,500, with anywhere from 20-40 awards expected, contingent on quantity and viability of applications. The program will use a streamlined online application process.
- Applicant(s) must have participated in an On the Table MKE 2018 conversation at a registered table
- Open to individuals, groups and organizations. (For nonprofit applicants, standard Foundation grant eligibility applies).
- Must feature a new idea generated through an On the Table MKE conversation
- Focus should be on action and collaboration
- Special consideration given to ideas that advance racial equity and inclusion
- Limit one application per table
- Oct. 10 – application available at onthetableMKE.org
- Oct. 31 – application deadline (11 p.m. CST)
- Dec. 20 – applicants notified of final funding decision
- Selection of recipients will be advised by community members, including GMF donors, and authorized by Foundation staff
Youth voices matter. Local teachers and school administrators can engage their students in the civic conversations of On the Table MKE using a custom lesson plan that aligns with educational standards.
The Foundation introduced On the Table MKE in 2017 as a new way to build relationships, generate ideas through respectful dialogue and put those ideas in motion for the benefit of the community. In its first year, On the Table MKE engaged more than 5,400 people across 73 ZIP codes in meaningful conversation to ignite action. At least 150 different topics were explored. The Foundation’s Voices from the Community report examines the experience of participants.
More information at onthetableMKE.org.