RENEW Wisconsin’s Solar for Good initiative fosters the expansion of solar power among mission-based nonprofits and houses of worship in Wisconsin. Through the generosity of local philanthropists Cal and Laurie Couillard and additional donors, RENEW Wisconsin awards grants to nonprofit organizations to assist them in installing solar power. Solar for Good also offers small grants for technical assistance to get projects started and see them through to success. Since the program launched in 2017, 25 non-profits have received a combined $200,000 in grant funds generating more than $1.8 million in solar investment across WI. View the spring 2018 grant recipients here.
Grant funding: RENEW Wisconsin will issue grants for up to 20% of the cost of a solar array, with a maximum grant amount based on the size of the array.
- For solar systems between 5 – 75 kW, the maximum grant amount is $10,000.
- For systems 75 kW and larger, the maximum grant amount is $20,000.
Nonprofits are going solar because:
- Solar energy promotes a cleaner, healthier Wisconsin
- Lower energy costs mean more money for missions and programs
- Energy leadership inspires and engages communities
Applications for Fall 2018 will be open on Monday, October 1. Applications must be received by Tuesday, November 13 at 5:00pm. Apply here. Grantees will be announced on or before Monday, November 26.Did you like this story? Give Today