The National Association of Community Health Workers (NACHW) is seeking interested CHWs to become NACHW Ambassadors. We are seeking a total of 20 CHWs to serve in this capacity. In order to maximize our reach, only one CHW will be selected from any given state. Ambassadors will act as liaisons between NACHW and local, state and regional CHW networks and associations. This is a one-year commitment. Ambassadors will receive training during the Unity 2019 Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada (April 14-17, 2019) which will provide them with the information and skills needed to be successful in their commitment as an Ambassador.
Those selected to become Ambassadors will receive the following support:
- Full pre-paid conference registration
- Reimbursed hotel stay for three nights
- Reimbursed travel expenses
- Reimbursed meal expenses (per diem rates apply)
CHWs will be reimbursed after submitting expense documentation, including original receipts and proof of payment. CHWs who have already registered and paid for the conference will be reimbursed the early bird registration fee.
To apply, interested CHWs secure a letter of recommendation, which may be submitted by local, state or regional CHW networks or associations, employer organizations, co-workers, supervisors, colleagues etc. The nomination letter must come from someone other than the CHW applicant and will be evaluated based on the following criteria.
- Number of years’ experience as a community health worker (minimum two years). Experience may be paid, volunteer or a combination of both, but must be in a CHW position which does not require a clinical license as a qualification;
- Level of engagement with their local, state or regional CHW association or network;
- Examples of demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills
- Statement of reason(s) why the CHW applicant would be a great NACHW Ambassador
- A brief description of his or her activities with their local, state, regional and(or) national CHW organizations.
CHWs selected as Ambassadors must commit to:
- Join NACHW (annual dues $25);
- Attend the Unity Conference April 14 – 17, 2019;
- Participate fully in NACHW workshops during the Conference, including those specifically for NACHW Ambassadors;
- Act as an Ambassador for NACHW for one year; and
- Recruit at least 20 CHWs for NACHW membership during that year.
Nomination letters along with the signed statement (see attachment) should be sent to email@example.com, with the subject line “NACHW Ambassador,” no later than Monday, February 25, 2019 at 5:00 Eastern Time. You will receive a confirmation of receipt. Selected Ambassadors will be notified by March 15.
Leave a Reply