Recent reports on the state of equity in the social sector’s workforce and leadership show that diversity initiatives over the last 20+ years are not going far enough to create meaningful diversity and inclusion. Practitioners and thought leaders across the country have called for a renewed commitment and new strategies that address structural and systemic barriers that have persisted for generations.
This event will bring together national partners and local leaders to share knowledge, discuss common challenges, and consider opportunities for accelerating our collective efforts over the next three to five years. Participants may register for the first day only or both days:
Thursday, June 6 from 1-6 pm
Participants will convene with fellow practitioners and advocates for shared learning, discussion, and action planning. The half-day convening will include:
- A general session featuring national thought leaders sharing the latest trends, opportunities, and challenges in advancing equity in nonprofit leadershipo Sean Thomas-Breitfeld, Building Movement Project o Monisha Kapila, ProInspire, Equity in the Center
o Marcus Littles, FrontLine Solutions
- Workshops led by local and national practitioners that dive deeper into common challenges and opportunities for action
- A strategy discussion on how to advance equity efforts in Milwaukee
Friday, June 7 from 8:30 a.m.-Noon
Participants will reconvene to consider common goals and create action plans. This action- oriented session will use human-centered design exercises to tap into participants’ knowledge and expertise and allow them to uncover and build solutions and next steps.
- Learn about new national efforts to advance systems change in nonprofit sector diversity and leadership
- Share knowledge with fellow practitioners on current trends, effective practices, and challenges
- Consider opportunities for meaningful partnerships to advance shared goals in equity in the social sector workforce
Who Should Attend
- Staff responsible for diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Human resources professionals
- Board members
- Executive search firms
View full event details online at http://tinyurl.com/y257sklu Look for registration in April.
Contact Jerica Broeckling with any questions or for more information
About the Alliance’s Commitment to Equity
The Alliance for Strong Families and Communities has worked to strengthen the social sector’s leadership and capacity since its founding more than 100 years ago. Our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion in the nonprofit workforce has become a cornerstone of our efforts to create equitable systems by leveraging the influence and expertise of our network of thousands of social sector leaders across the country.
Short Save the Date Announcement
SAVE THE DATE! Mark Your Calendars Now! Equity Forward: Nonprofit Leadership Summit June 6-7 in Milwaukee. This summit features the latest research, trends, and action planning with national thought leaders and local organizations. Join with others to co-create solutions that lead to a stronger, more inclusive, and more diverse social sector workforce in Milwaukee and beyond. View full event details online at http://tinyurl.com/y257sklu. Look for registration in April. Sponsored by the Alliance for Strong Communities and Families. Contact Jerica Broeckling with any questions or for more informationDid you like this story? Subscribe to NNS today.