1. Kilbourn Avenue tunnels and South 35th street bridge will close starting Monday, April 1
There will be repairs to the Kilbourn Avenue tunnels and the South 35th street bridge over the next eight months, beginning Monday, April 1. This will cause partial to full closures daily. For more information on how this may affect your commute, visit the Kilburn Tunnels Rehabilitation Project information page.
2. MPS school board election, Tuesday, April 2
MPS will hold school board elections Tuesday, April 2. To find out your district number and polling location, check here. Polling is open from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m. Here is an explainer of the election and what it means for Milwaukee residents.
3. Taxes are due soon, and MATC is here to help, Thursday, April 4
Milwaukee Area Technical College is offering free help with 2018 tax returns Thursday, April 4. To register, go to the first floor of the atrium of the student center at 700 W. State St. Doors open at 6 p.m. and the event will conclude at 9:30 p.m. Taxpayers with a household income of $54,000 or less are eligible for MATC accounting aid. For a list of what to bring, visit MATC’s website.
4. Washington Park Wednesdays to host fundraiser for concert series, Thursday, April 4
Washington Park Wednesdays will host a fundraiser for its summer concert series. The event, “Party for the park,” will take place from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday, April 4 at Dandy, 5020 W. Vilet St. There will be free food and drinks for purchase from Vennture Brew Company. The summer concert series lineup will also be revealed. For more information, check out the Washington Park Neighbors website.
5. Leaders Igniting Transformation, PEAK Initiative host youth leadership series, Saturday, April 6
Leaders Igniting Transformation and The PEAK Initiative are hosting a youth leadership series. April’s theme is “March Madness.” The event will take place from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday, April 6 at Salvation Army West Corp., 1645 N. 25th St. Click here to register. Participants are able to choose which two breakout sessions to attend, to personalize the experience. There will be workshops, networking opportunities and prizes.
- 5 things you need to know this week in Milwaukee: May 6 to May 11 - May 6, 2019
- 5 things you need to know this week in Milwaukee: April 29-May 4 - April 29, 2019
- 5 things you need to know this week in Milwaukee: April 22-April 27 - April 22, 2019