It’s Friday in Milwaukee, and here are some events that can enrich your weekend. If you would like your event to be considered for this column, please email email@example.com and put 5 things in the subject line by noon Thursday.
- Celebrando Nuestras Familias MKE 2019: Saturday, June 1
Celebrando Nuestras Familias Milwaukee is hosting a celebration, which doubles as a resource fair. The event will take place at St. Martini School, 1520 S. Cesar E. Chavez Drive and will start at 8:30 a.m. Saturday, June 1. Resources for cancer prevention and treatment information will be provided as well as children activities, performances and a free lunch.
- Homeownership fair: Saturday, June 1
Housing Resources is kicking off NeighborWorks Week with a Homewnership Fair at the Parklawn Assembly of God, 3725 N. Sherman Blvd. The event is free and takes place from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday, June 1. Experts will be on hand to talk about home loans, credit reports, inspection services, insurance and more.
- North Division neighborhood visioning session: Saturday, June 1
The Greater Milwaukee Foundation plants to invest $100,000 in Milwaukee’s North Division neighborhood. Before it does, it is hosting advising sessions where neighborhood leaders and residents can offer their insight and knowledge on where funds should go. The session will take place from 10:45 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, June 1 at North Division High School, 1011 W. Center St. To register, click here.
- Guns Down Miltown Peace Park party: Saturday, June 1
Guns Down Miltown aims to reduce gun violence in Milwaukee. This Saturday, it’ll be hosting a gathering at the Peace Park & Garden, 2904 N. 5th St. All are welcome to attend, and the event starts at 11 a.m.
- Ice cream social: Saturday, June 1
Sharehouse_goods, 5507 W. North Ave., and MKEing Coffee will host an ice cream social during Sharehouse_goods’ afternoon hours. The event is free, and tickets are available on Eventbrite. Socializing will begin at 3 p.m.
- 5 things to do and know this week in Milwaukee: Sept. 21 to Sept. 26 - September 21, 2020
- 5 things to do and know the weekend of Sept. 18 - September 17, 2020
- ‘This pandemic is still out here’: How families can prepare for fall and winter - September 16, 2020