Journalists at WUWM identify, report, edit and produce a wide range of stories for all WUWM programs and digital platforms. The Eric Von Fellow is designed to give recently graduated journalism students the opportunity to work in a professional news environment, preparing stories for broadcast and digital platforms.
Specific duties include: -Research, gather, write, edit and produce stories and interviews for broadcast and digital platforms. -Respond to, and report on, other news stories as assigned. -Participate in station activities including fund drives and community events.
This position requires the ability to work weekdays, evenings, and occasional weekends as well as a valid driver’s license and personal means of transportation in order to conduct off-site reporting and interviews.
- A bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related by date of hire or within the last three years within the date of hire.
- Demonstrated non-professional interest or experience in journalism (such as in a college environment or via internships).
- Demonstrated ability to produce in-depth news reports and interviews for broadcast.
- Able to use broadcast digital recording and editing equipment
- Possesses an announcing style that fits with WUWM and NPR’s on-air sound
Applicants will be expected to provide:
- A resume
- A cover letter explaining (a) how you meet all of the required qualifications (b) which preferred requirements you meet, © why you are the ideal candidate and (d) why you are interested in this job.
- Samples of your previous work in the field of journalism (i.e., audio or video from school sponsored internships). Links of audio/video samples can be included in your application materials or files can be emailed to Ann Piatt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Audio demonstrating your announcing style. Links of audio samples can be included in your application materials or files can be emailed to Ann Piatt at email@example.com.
- Names and contact information for three references and/or letters of recommendation from faculty members or previous employers (uploaded as “Other Document 1”).
For this position, applicants are required to apply online. UWM will not consider paper, emailed or faxed applications. Additionally, applicants must complete all required fields and attach any required documents. The process is complete when the message “Your application has been submitted” is displayed and you receive a confirmation number.
Apply at: https://jobs.uwm.edu/postings/28950
This is a continuous recruitment. Review of applications will begin on June 30. 2019. Applications received after July 1, 2019 may not receive consideration.
Reasonable Accommodations UWM provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual with a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-229-4463. This job announcement and other material on this site will be made available in alternate formats upon request to an individual with a disability.
UWM is an AA/EO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status.Did you like this story? Subscribe to NNS today.