It’s Monday in Milwaukee, and here are some events we think you shouldn’t miss. If you would like your event to be considered for this column, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and put “5 things” in the subject line by noon Thursday.
1. Milwaukee’s BID-NID Week: Monday, Sept. 9 to Saturday, Sept. 14
Milwaukee will be celebrating BID-NID Week starting Monday, Sept. 9 and continuing through Saturday, Sept. 14. At events throughout the city, residents will have the opportunity to explore various neighborhoods and see the efforts of the Business Improvement Districts and Neighborhood Improvement Districts, click here.
2. “Puerto Rican Identity: Movement on Mitchell Street”: Monday, Sept. 9
The Milwaukee Repertory Theater is hosting a series of conversations on Puerto Rican identity inspired by The Rep’s performance of “West Side Story.” This week’s session, which focuses on hip-hop, is taking place at the Mitchell Street Library, 906 W. Historic Mitchell St., on Monday, Sept. 9. The workshop begins at 6 p.m. and pre-registration is required. To register, click here or call (414) 286-3011.
3. Learn about Career Online High School at MPL: Thursday, Sept. 12
Milwaukee Public Library is hosting an informational session about Career Online High School on Thursday, Sept. 12. The program is designed for Milwaukee residents, who are at least 23 years old and have completed the eighth grade. The event will take place at the Center Street Branch, 2727 W. Fond du Lac Ave., from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
4. Minority Health Film Festival: Thursday, Sept. 12 to Sunday, Sept. 15
Milwaukee Film Festival, along with its partners, Froedtert and the Medical College of Wisconsin, is hosting the Minority Health Film Festival, Thursday, Sept. 12 to Sunday, Sept. 15. The event includes film screenings and discussions with several featured speakers such as Charlamagne Tha God. For the full list of events, click here. For tickets to see Charlamagne Tha God, click here.
5. Ninth annual Harvest Fest at the Guest House: Thursday, Sept. 12
Guest House of Milwaukee, 1216 N. 13th St., is hosting its ninth annual Harvest Fest on Thursday, Sept. 12 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. All ages are invited to attend. The event is free and includes live music, s’mores and more.
About Ana Martinez-Ortiz
Ana serves as NNS’ newly created community engagement reporter and is responsible for writing stories that help our readers navigate their lives as well as making sure they know the fun things that are happening in their neighborhoods. You can email her here or call (414) 604-6397.
- 5 things to do and know the weekend of Sept. 18 - September 17, 2020
- ‘This pandemic is still out here’: How families can prepare for fall and winter - September 16, 2020
- 5 things to do and know this week in Milwaukee: Sept. 14 to Sept. 19 - September 14, 2020