It’s Monday in Milwaukee, and here are some events we think you shouldn’t miss. If you would like your event to be considered for this column, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and put “5 things” in the subject line by noon Thursday.
- Public hearing on City of Milwaukee budget: Monday, Oct. 7
Mayor Tom Barrett and the Common Council is hosting a joint public hearing on the 2020 budget on Monday, Oct. 7. Milwaukee residents are encouraged to come and comment on the proposed budget. The hearing will be held in City Hall, 200 E. Wells St., Third Floor, and run from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Autism insight workshop for educators: Tuesday, Oct. 8
The Autism Society of Southeastern Wisconsin is hosting a free workshop for educators on the topic of autism on Tuesday, Oct. 8. Mary Graczyk-McMullen will be the presenter. During the workshop, people can broaden their understanding of students with autism with unique educational needs. The workshop will be held in Dineen Park, 6901 W. Vienna Ave., and start at 4:30 p.m.
- Cine Sin Fronteras kickoff party: Thursday, Oct. 10
Cine Sin Fronteras, a Milwaukee Film Festival program, is hosting its 2019 kickoff party on Thursday, Oct. 10. During the event, guests can see trailers and highlights from this year’s festival. The party will be held at Latino Arts, 1028 S. 9th St., and start at 6 p.m.
- On The Table MKE: Thursday, Oct. 10
On The Table MKE is back for its third year on Thursday, Oct. 10. The Greater Milwaukee Foundation began On The Table as a way for people to gather, to share a meal and to address topics that matter in the community. There will be public and private conversations held throughout the region. Click here to learn more.
- Free bilingual educational forum: Saturday, Oct. 12
Mexican Fiesta is hosting a free educational forum for students and parents on Saturday, Oct. 12. The forum includes a college and career fair and opportunities to learn about scholarships, internships and workshops. Spanish and English will be spoken. Registration begins at 10:30 a.m., with the event to run from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Flores Hall, 2997 S. 20th St.
- 5 things to do and know the weekend of Sept. 25 - September 25, 2020
- NNS Spotlight: As America grapples with racist past, leader of America’s Black Holocaust Museum looks toward the future - September 24, 2020
- 5 things to do and know this week in Milwaukee: Sept. 21 to Sept. 26 - September 21, 2020