This year’s parade and events are scheduled for Saturday, November 16 at the War Memorial Center on Milwaukee’s lakefront with an impressive array of special celebrations including:
• 9 a.m. – Displays, vendors, exhibits and performances at Milwaukee War Memorial
• 10:30 a.m. – Memorial service at War Memorial Reflecting Pool
• 11 a.m. – Veterans Honor Walk from War Memorial main entrance across the Mason Street Bridge followed by a veterans motorcade to Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
The public is encouraged to participate in the events at the War Memorial and show their appreciation to the veterans. Free parking is available in the War Memorial lot on the north side of the building.
Organizers are excited about the new program that will give the public a unique chance to thank these veterans in an up close and personal way. The Honor Walk will be comparable to the energetic and emotional greeting given to veterans when they return from Honor Flights. WWII D-Day veteran Bill Pekrul of New Berlin will lead the walk and motorcade as Grand Marshal.
Kapco Metal Stamping of Grafton stepped up as Veterans Day of Honor presenting sponsor. Kapco President Jim Kacmarcik appreciates the opportunity. “We are so proud to support an event that gives the community the chance to thank these veterans and their families for their sacrifices,” Kacmarcik said. “It’s a meaningful moment to honor veterans and learn about experiences that are a living history.”
The Honor Walk will feature veterans and veteran groups marching from the War Memorial across the Mason Street Bridge to Prospect Avenue where a motorcade will take them to a private reception at Potawatomi Hotel and Casino. The motorcade will head south on Prospect to Wisconsin Avenue, west on Wisconsin to 6th Street, south on 6th to Canal Street, and west on Canal to Potawatomi.
- Post from Community: Your questions answered about breastfeeding — free Facebook Live, September 3 - August 28, 2020
- Post from Community: SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loans and Advance Program reopened to all eligible small businesses and non-profits impacted by COVID-19 pandemic - June 18, 2020
- Post from Community: Charter launches 2020 digital education grant program, part of $6 million, four-year cash and in-kind commitment to broadband usage and training - June 18, 2020