LOCATION: Rouge Ballroom at The Pfister Hotel, 424 E. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee
COST: Free and open to the public. All ages are welcome.
SUBJECT: During Milwaukee’s Gallery Night & Day on October 18, The Pfister Hotel will host Fall Gallery Night & Day: Milwaukanda and Friends Edition. The inspiration of Rosy Petri, The Pfister’s 11th Artist in Residence, the evening will feature:
- live performances by local artists Nickel & Rose and SistaStrings, plus DJ sets by No Stress Collective,
- shopping with local artists and designers, such as such as Stacy Ollman, Amu Cherian, Nandi Reveal, Ronald Bennett Williamson, and Latinas Unidas En Las Artes (LUNA) Collective,
- Opportunities to support the work of Leaders Igniting Transformation (LIT) and Love on Black Women,
- costume contest and chocolate giveaway at 7:30 p.m.,
- fashion show by Evelyn Brawner Couture Runway at 7:45 p.m., and
- a cash bar and complimentary hors d’oeuvres.
The costume contest will be judged in three categories, each with its own prize:
- Team Costume: awarded to a group of two or more; $100 gift card for The Pfister and a Paradise Home Gift Basket
- Cultural Superheroes: awarded to an individual wearing their traditional cultural wardrobe, or a superhero costume inspired by their cultural wardrobe; $50 gift card for The Pfister, Art is Culture Tee and a Paradise Home Gift Basket
- Conventional Halloween: awarded to an individual in a conventional Halloween costume; $25 gift card for The Pfister and a Paradise Home Gift Basket
With each purchase or donation given at the event, guests can also enter a raffle for chance to win a giant chocolate bar reproduction of Petri’s Catwoman work, crafted by The Pfister Hotel pastry chef, Travis Martinez.
As The Pfister’s Artist in Residence, Petri, who is a multidisciplinary artist focused on celebrating diversity and exploring the complex nature of human life and relationships, is developing a collection of photograph and fabric portraits, as well as audio interviews sharing different perspectives about “myths of creation.” Petri is also the owner of Milwaukee-based Paradise Home Goods, a lifestyle brand featuring hand crafted goods and art. Products from Paradise Home Goods will be on display and available for purchase during Milwaukanda on October 18.
More information about The Pfister’s Gallery Night & Day party can be found on Facebook.