It’s Monday in Milwaukee, and here are some events we think you shouldn’t miss. If you would like your event to be considered for this column, please email email@example.com and put “5 things” in the subject line by noon Thursday.
1. Public hearing on 2020 Milwaukee County budget: Monday, Nov. 4
The Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors is holding its annual public hearing regarding the county budget on Monday, Nov. 4. Milwaukee residents are encouraged to come and offer their input. The hearing will be held at the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts, 929 N. Water St., starting at 6 p.m.
2. “Coming to Milwaukee: Immigration Stories”: Tuesday, Nov. 5
Ex Fabula, No Studios and 88Nine Radio Milwaukee are presenting “Community Stories Live” on Tuesday, Nov. 5. The theme is immigration and several Milwaukeeans will share their experiences. It will take place at No Studios, 1037 W. McKinley Ave., from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. The event is free.
3. Live figure drawing with México Indígena: Wednesday, Nov. 6
Milwaukee artists are invited to join artist-in-residence Celeste Contreras for a night of live figure drawing at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 6 at the Milwaukee Public Library’s Mitchell Street Branch, 906 W. Mitchell St. Aztec dancers from the group, México Indígena, will be posing for artists and sharing traditional stories on Día de los Muertos.
4. Job fair at Midtown Center: Thursday, Nov. 7
Milwaukee residents are invited to the Northwest Job Fair on Thursday, Nov. 7. The fair, which is free and open to the public, will run from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the U.S. Bank branch at Midtown Center, 5526 W. Capitol Drive.
5. Fourth annual Film Girl Film Festival: Friday, Nov. 8 through Sunday, Nov. 10
The fourth annual Film Girl Film Festival will take place on Friday, Nov. 8 through Sunday, Nov. 10. Opening night will feature the short film “A Thousand Needles” at the Underground Collaborative, 161 W. Wisconsin Ave., at 7 p.m., followed by an after party at No Studios, 1037 W. McKinley Ave., from 9 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. Tickets for the party can be found here.
- 5 things to do and know the weekend of Sept. 18 - September 17, 2020
- ‘This pandemic is still out here’: How families can prepare for fall and winter - September 16, 2020
- 5 things to do and know this week in Milwaukee: Sept. 14 to Sept. 19 - September 14, 2020