It’s Monday in Milwaukee, and here are some events we think you shouldn’t miss. If you would like your event to be considered for this column, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and put “5 things” in the subject line by noon Thursday.
1. “My Sherman Park” documentary: Tuesday, Nov. 12
Black Lens MKE and Milwaukee Film, along with Safe and Sound, are presenting the documentary “My Sherman Park” on Tuesday, Nov. 12. The film features the voices of residents and youths who live in Sherman Park. The screening, which is free and open to the public, will begin at 6 p.m. at the Oriental Theatre, 2230 N. Farwell Ave.
2. Expungement clinic: Wednesday, Nov. 13
The Milwaukee Justice Center Mobile Legal Clinic will host an expungement clinic from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 13 at the Zablocki Library, 3501 W. Oklahoma Ave. To schedule an appointment, call (414) 278-2046 or email email@example.com.
3. Pinto con Tinto: Alebrijes: Thursday, Nov. 14
Latino Arts, 1028 S. 9th St., is hosting Pinto con Tinto on Thursday, Nov. 14. Participants will create their own alebrijes, a colorful and mythical animal spirit guide often associated with Dia de los Muertos. There will be wine, tapas and guided instruction. The event begins at 5:30 p.m.
4. Victress Vibes and TRUU Art fundraiser: Thursday, Nov. 14
Victress Vibes and TRUU Art are joining forces to launch their fundraising campaign on Thursday, Nov. 14. The event, which will showcase female and minority artists, will include a silent auction, live painting and a free raffle. It will be held at the Sugar Maple, 441 E. Lincoln Ave., from 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
5. Public Allies Milwaukee: Meet the Class of 2020: Friday, Nov. 15
Public Allies Milwaukee is introducing its Class of 2020 on Friday, Nov. 15. The group is part of a national movement that focuses on bringing social justice and equity to communities. During the event, guests can meet next year’s leaders. The event is free and will be held at Latino Arts, 1028 S. 9th St., from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. Those interested are asked to RSVP by Monday, Nov. 11.
Bonus: PodFest MKE: Thursday, Nov. 14
Interested in podcasting or hoping to enhance your skills, consider attending PodFest MKE at No Studios, 1037 W. McKinley Ave., on Thursday, Nov. 14. The event will be broken into two parts: educational from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. and entertainment from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tickets cost $30 for the entire day or $10 for the entertainment part.
- 5 things to do and know this week in Milwaukee: Nov. 23 to Nov. 28 - November 23, 2020
- 5 things to do and know the weekend of Nov. 20 - November 20, 2020
- NNS Spotlight: ‘We wouldn’t take a recess’: How the Southside Organizing Center presses on despite the pandemic - November 17, 2020