Editor’s note: Our Posts from the Community feature is a platform for community announcements and event postings. If you have a post to be considered, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit it directly.
Bader Philanthropies, Inc. seeks a Social Media/Communications Intern who will assist with the Foundation’s communications and social media activities. This is a part-time, paid position (a one- year commitment is requested), offering an excellent opportunity to gain a thorough background in communications as it relates to philanthropy.
Social Media/Communications and General Office Activities:
- Works with Communications Coordinator on Foundation’s social media and communications plan as well as various public relations projects in presenting and disseminating Foundation themes, resources and information in a way that best informs the media and general public about the Foundation’s work in the community;
- Surfs social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linked In, Foundation blogs, etc.) to promote Bader Philanthropies events and stories;
- Monitors print news media for articles on issues relevant to Foundation’s program areas and grantees;
- Assists with special events logistics and preparations and capturing event highlights in photos to use on social media outlets;
- Produces videos, infographics and presentations for Foundation events;
- Updates website and reports analytics;
- Conducts research involving media and local and state philanthropies and public charities;
- Participates in reception coverage rotation; greets guests and receives incoming calls.
- High School degree required, prefer current enrollment in a bachelor’s degree communications or related program
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with particular strength in interpersonal communications
- Computer graphics skills
- Interest in a future career in journalism and/or public relations, particularly in the non-profit arena
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Professional demeanor, ability to work with a diverse group of people, both independently and as part of a team.
Send following items to Kim Thao, email@example.com by July 15, 2020.
- Cover Letter: Please detail why you want to intern at Bader Philanthropies, your internship objectives and your career goals. Please also indicate your availability (start date, end date, days and hours you are available).
- Résumé: Please list your complete educational and professional data and information about extracurricular activities.
- Writing Sample: Please enclose a 1-3 page writing sample.
Milwaukee-based Bader Philanthropies, Inc. is a philanthropic leader in improving the quality of life of the diverse communities in which it works. The organization funds innovative projects and programs, convenes partners, and shares knowledge to affect emerging issues in key areas. Since its founding in 1992 as the Helen Bader Foundation, the organization has committed more than $300 million in grants and program-related investments, such as loans and equity investments that advance its charitable mission.